TX1300F brakes

/ TX1300F brakes #1  

lyfoniq

Tractor
Iseki TX1300F
Hi everyone

I've just bought a property that comes with a small bit of land and an Iseki TX1300F. The Iseki seems to run fine, but there is an awful screeching noise whenever I brake. I'm guessing that I've got metal on metal and that the shoes need relined.

I've popped off the offending wheel and tried to remove the cover to the brake drum. Unfortunately, I cannot get the thing off. Attached is a photo of the situation. As you can see, the brake rod is still attached. I was hoping to leave this on, if possible.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 450
   / TX1300F brakes #2  
You are going to have to remove that brake rod. Its not letting the brake
shoes to fully retract and I think the shoes are hanging up in
the brake drum. Here are a few pictures of the drum and the brake
shoes. When I rebuilt my TX1300F I found the seal to keep transmission
oil from getting in to the brakes was leaking. Your cover should come
off with all the bolts removed. The shoes must be hanging up in the drum.

Unless someone used super adhesive gasket sealer
and it is stuck together. Can you move the cover
at all with the bolts removed?

Attachments

• 100_5934.JPG
    100_5934.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 421
  • 100_5828.JPG
    100_5828.JPG
    954.1 KB · Views: 447
  • 100_5829.JPG
    100_5829.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 598
  • 100_5830.JPG
    100_5830.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 266
  • 100_5831.JPG
    100_5831.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 302
  • 100_5910.JPG
    100_5910.JPG
    784.5 KB · Views: 390
   / TX1300F brakes
I removed the brake rod but it had no effect. Turns out that the resting position for the brake arm is at 6 o’clock, i.e. the position shown in the photo. But thanks for the images. That gave me the confidence for the next step, which was to smack the cover pretty **** hard. After a few whacks, the cover came loose. The gasket had simply welded itself to both surfaces. So part of it is now stuck to the cover and part of it is stuck to the drum. The annoying thing is that there is nothing wrong with the shoes! The screeching noise must be coming from the brake on the other side. Why I didn’t try each brake separately is beyond me. Schoolboy error.

Does anyone know where I can buy replacement gaskets (ideally in the UK, if possible).

Thanks.

/ TX1300F brakes #5  
Although the brakes shouldn't squeal I don't think it really hurts anything (other than your ears!) if they do. As long as there is no obvious metal-to-metal contact and the linings are good I'd live with it. I have a Satoh that squeals terribly when the brakes are applied and I saw nothing unusual in the linings or drums and I cleaned them while I had it apart. They grab really good and I think they just don't get used enough.

/ TX1300F brakes #7  
Can you buy some bulk gasket material and make them? Be a lot quicker and cheaper.