Iseki TL 2300 PTO operation

/ Iseki TL 2300 PTO operation #1  

SethPerry

Tractor
Iseki TL2300
New here to TBN. I have an Iseki TL 2300. I have about mastered all components on the tractor with exception of PTO. The components on my particular tractor are the speed selection lever that is located behind my left leg when seated, a push button on the dash "?", a light on the dash panel (to indicate, I quess that pto is engaged) and PTO shaft. If I put the speed selector in gear 1, let out on clutch nothing happens. I press the button, the light on the dash lights up as long as I push, but nothing else. I get off the tractor and lightly spin PTO shaft nothing. Shift the lever to position 2, let out on clutch nothing happens. I press the button, the light on the dash lights up as long as I push, but nothing else. I get off the tractor and lightly spin PTO shaft by hand and it seems to engage, but sound as if not fully and almost as if it has stripped teeth. No lights iluminate. Press clutch and it will stop turning, but when clutch is released it spins again like before. Step on clutch and shift speed back to neutral to totally disengage. Can anyone help with how to operate and ideas of what may be wrong. Is this suppose to be an electrical engagement with the push button? Help! Thanks

Last edited:
   / Iseki TL 2300 PTO operation #2  
I have a 47 hp Challenger tractor made by Iseki.

There is a lever on the left of the seat that engages the PTO as well as a dial and button on the dash.

The button that lights up is the "soft start" feature, but you need to twist the yellow dial next to it with the lever on the left of the seat engaged to use the pto.

/ Iseki TL 2300 PTO operation
New here to TBN. I have an Iseki TL 2300. I have about mastered all components on the tractor with exception of PTO. The components on my particular tractor are the speed selection lever that is located behind my left leg when seated, a push button on the dash "?", a light on the dash panel (to indicate, I quess that pto is engaged) and PTO shaft. If I put the speed selector in gear 1, let out on clutch nothing happens. I press the button, the light on the dash lights up as long as I push, but nothing else. I get off the tractor and lightly spin PTO shaft nothing. Shift the lever to position 2, let out on clutch nothing happens. I press the button, the light on the dash lights up as long as I push, but nothing else. I get off the tractor and lightly spin PTO shaft by hand and it seems to engage, but sound as if not fully and almost as if it has stripped teeth. No lights iluminate. Press clutch and it will stop turning, but when clutch is released it spins again like before. Step on clutch and shift speed back to neutral to totally disengage. Can anyone help with how to operate and ideas of what may be wrong. Is this suppose to be an electrical engagement with the push button? Help! Thanks

OK, I stumbled across another thread, and what I have been taking as an indicator light for the PTO is actually a light indicating airflow through the air filter.
It appears that the only control for the PTO is the clutch and speed shift lever, so with this discovery, I have to assume that I have a problem internal with gears.
Again, the only engagement I get is when I put the lever in gear and give the PTO shaft a little twist to start it. Any suggestions on what I may be looking for?
Thanks