Ground engagement with H1502

/ Ground engagement with H1502 #1  

jensnj01

Tractor
Bolens H1502
Hello everybody, last september the wife and I bought a country house with 25 acres. Knowing I would need a tractor I picked up a cherry 1989 H1502. With it came a MM mower deck, snow blower set up to run on the rear PTO and a box scraper. I have used tractors at work for brush mowing, aerating, fertilizing but this is the first one I have owned. I'm a hunter and my wife like to garden so on this land I want to create a garden and some food plots. My question is what would be the best implement for my purposes? Money is tight (spent everything on the house, had to get that 3.5% interest rate) so used would be my best option. I'm thinking a small 3pt. disc, maybe a single bottom plow, perhaps a spring tooth cultivator? My other question is how do you think my 1502 will pull a ground engaging attachment seeing that it's 2WD, pretty light, and has turf tires? Any thoughts on filling the rear tires or wheel weights to add weight and traction? Any way to add suitcase weights to the front end? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

/ Ground engagement with H1502 #2  
Hello,
maybe a used tiller for the back. below is shot
from a manual I have with attachment numbers.
Also, I have a manual for that tractor I
could e-mail you if want.

Attachments

• h1502.jpg
    h1502.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 114
   / Ground engagement with H1502
Thanks for the offer but I have all the original paperwork and manuals. I also think a tiller would be appropriate for the tractor and my needs but I have very rocky soil, not huge rocks but a lot of potato size stones. I just don't think a tiller would hold up to the soil.

/ Ground engagement with H1502 #4  
A tiller won't be a problem in your soil. I've run the tiller on my 1502 thru some pretty rocky soil! Just make sure you have a clutch on the PTO shaft in case of any inadvertent binding of the tiller blades. The tiller I run is a 41" and it seems to be a good size for this tractor. It might run a larger one but, I haven't tried it. Happy Tilling!!