h1502 traction pedal sticking

/ h1502 traction pedal sticking #1  

jensnj01

Tractor
Bolens H1502
Recently the traction pedal has started sticking on my '89 h1502. It goes forward but is very stiff when trying to slow down or reverse. It is worst when the pedal has been forward for an extended time like a long stretch mowing. I have greased the pivot point but it still sticks, I think it may be an issue with the pedal binding instead of a hydraulic tranny issue because it still sticks when the tractor is out of gear or not even running. Has anyone had this issue before or anything similar? If so how did you resolve it? Any other thoughts or ideas are welcome, thanks in advance.

/ h1502 traction pedal sticking #2  
If I am correct this is the pedal to lock the rear end then it happens probably on all trans missions at one time or the other. Greasing is probably needed as you stated but may need to do some general spraying with such as WD 40 and just work the pedal by hand. Also they can stick due to the load on them and some times you will end up putting tractor into reverse to get the pressure off so it releases. There may be a spring that has come off or broken.

/ h1502 traction pedal sticking
Thanks for the reply kthompson but it isn't the differential lock pedal, it's the hydraulic transmission pedal, the one you toe/push forward to go forward and rear/heal push back to reverse.

/ h1502 traction pedal sticking #4  
I just purchased a H1502 last week and my pedal was not returning to neutral. If that is your situation, remove the footrest but not the pedal. There are 2 arms and springs below the pedal that are sticking. Once you free the arms the springs can pull the pedal back to neutral.

PS: I thought it was sticking but it was just in need of TLC.

Good luck