TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project
Both lift assemblies have been stripped (the ram and valve parts) and and cleaned, all cleaned up good with engine 2 tractor ram still having oil in it so it was in excellent condition internally.

DSC02676 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02679 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02680 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02683 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02686 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

There are some differences between both tractors, here the 2 pistons were different, one being flat and the other having a recess in the top, the seals were different too, the other not shown had a fiber backing ring behind the O-ring where this one has a plastic backing ring.

Spool valve and PTO pump question

Hi, can someone please advise me on the PTO pump I need for my Beaver Backhoe, the pump is missing so I am looking at a replacement along with the spool valve block/chest, I would like to get a spool valve block/chest of 6 and pump with the correct LPM,

I have been looking at these,
Hydraulic Monoblock Lever Control Spool Valve, 3/8 x 1/2 Ports, 45lpm, 1-7 Bank | eBay

The pumps are the same price with various outputs

Flowfit Hydraulic PTO Gearbox with Group 2 Pump 22.57 l/min ZZ156 | eBay

Thanks Chris

Re: Spool valve and PTO pump question

A bit of an update, things are progressing slowly, I am waiting on a gasket set coming from Europe, I have been swapping over the main bearings, pistons and crank into, my 2 engine numbers are 39333 and 84235, so quite a bit between them, I have desided to actually use the earlier engine with slightly more bore wear but the wear is more uniform through the 3 bores where the later numbered engine has less wear on 2 bores but significant damage in one, there is an option to do an over haul should I have deep enough pockets,

DSC02712 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02716 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02717 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02720 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

Quite a difference in the clutches, can someone let me know why this would be, can I use either?

DSC02711 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02688 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

and stripping the backhoe so its easier to store and getting ready to knock the leg ram pins out,

DSC02690 by chrismac2012, on Flickr
Untitled by chrismac2012, on Flickr
DSC02692 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

Any one know why the clutches are different?

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project #15  
The OEM clutch is 3 lever.

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project #16  
Hi Chris,

I have the same set up as you, though the smaller 2140 with same front loader and back hoe.
DSCF7682.JPG

I also see you too have twin rear wheels. In my case they were fitted by the previous owner. I've never liked wheel spacers and thought about removing my twinsies, but thought the halfshafts looked stout enough, however after some snow clearing in recently, I had the one wheel 'fall' off!
Sam_3826x.jpg

The issue may just be the extra strain with the leverage on the bearing, however I suspect the full ballasting of the tyres don't help, so will be removing the outer wheels for now.

Hi Marcle,

I have in the past done a search and come across your tractor, (I remember you having a post up with your hydraulics under the seat, a repair or something) when you say a wheel fell off, I never expected it to fall of there!!! unfortunatly all my wheels are past using, the spacers were just pipe with long bolts holding them in place, although I do have a set of turf wheels which are usable,

Would you be kind enough when you get a chance to have a look at your pto pump and see if you can see any info on it as I am needing to get a pump and set of spool valves to match for the backhoe,

I am about ready to reassemble the engine once I get a chance, once/ if I get it running then the rest of the work can start then.

Chris

Well its been a while and the progress has been slow but I have reassembled one engine with all the good parts, injectors away getting tested with the best 3 getting fitted, new injector pipes aquired, new dash aquired and some of the wiring changed over in readyness for starting once the engine rebuild is complete, I intent to start this on a frame before it goes back in the tractor, or before I start building the tractor around the engine.

TX2160 injectors and fan belt question

All, a quick question about injectors, I have given my injectors to a local tester who has informed me all my 6 injectors are not atomising, is it still possible to get spare parts and so on for these?

Does anyone off hand know the standard length of the fan belt, I have worked out as SPZ, if not I will get it worked out, I just thought I would ask first when I was on the forum anyway.

thanks in advance,

Chris

Re: TX2160 injectors and fan belt question

After biting the bullet and deciding time to seriously move forward with this project after many other more important tasks have got in the way over the last many months, a couple of nights were dedicated to see where we are with the engine. To my astonishment when I cranked it over after bleeding the fuel lines the thing fired into life after about the 2nd turn of the engine,

Iseki TX2160 after engine strip and rebuild - YouTube

All that I have done to this engine was pick the best parts from the 2 engines, the condition of the alternator is terrible but I am delighted it still generates power, this is the stage I hoped to get to so I know now I have a project which has serious potential,

I am one very pleased person tonight.

Chris