Iseki 35

/ Iseki 35 #1  

freedomlives

Platinum Member
Tractor
Iseki TS35F, Goldoni Special 140 with powered trailer -- Goldoni Special 128 -- Goldoni Uno for mowing -- Czech Vari system
Last month I went to look at some Japanese tractors at two dealers on the other side of Slovakia. One of them had an Iseki 35. That's all that there was written on it in English that I could see. Later internet searching turned up a Japanese exporter having an identical tractor, and there was the nameplate with the name TS35F as well as being made by TYM in Korea. It has an Isuzu engine.

The Slovak seller doesn't have the ad up with his anymore, but the identical one in Japan can be seen here: http://archive.is/pmj56

Only, the Slovak seller has cleaned his up, gotten a FEL on it, and at least he's been using it to keep the snow cleared at his business, so it definitely works.

Has anyone here ever heard of it? Is there some identical TYM model, or other manufacturer's model? I'm a bit wary to get it, although the seller offers a year warranty, if down the road I'm going to have trouble finding parts to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Iseki 35 #2  
I was not aware of the Iseki/ TYM partnership until reading this but I quickly found several references to TYM building Iseki licensed tractors. In searching the older TYM models, I can't find any that are listed as having an Isuzu engine though. I would try sending a private message to TBN member "tractorErnie" with these questions, he is a true walking " tractor encyclopedia" and can probably tell you something about that tractor. I would also ask about the F series Yanmar models you have looked at and get his input on his favorite Yanmar models.

/ Iseki 35
I've PMed tractorErnie. Hope he gets on soon. :)

/ Iseki 35
Well, the best I can figure out, comparing images of the TS3510 as well as White 2-35 to the Iseki 35 I saw is that they must be the same. Control panel, pedals, all of the structure looks the same, just newer style hood. So I'm inclined to suppose that at some point Iseki sold TYM the equipment and/or parts from making the TS3510, and they produced these tractors with an updated look.

I've been in contact with the seller, who today went to look at some tractors that just arrived in Poland, but he's also been coming down on his price for the Iseki 35. He's come down in price, and offered that he can throw in both a FEL and 3pt bale spear, in addition to the 4n1 bucket already on the loader. A low enough price would make up, I think, for lack of a reverser on it.

Traktor iseki - Namestovo, predam

/ Iseki 35
And now I have it at my house! Just arrived tonight. Actually different, equally unknown model number -- SF138 -- on the manufacturer sticker. Maybe it is a TYM model number? The castings of the transmission have TYM on them.
iseki_stitok.jpgiseki_front.jpgiseki_first.jpg

/ Iseki 35
And the engine is branded ISEKI. Not sure why I remembered Isuzu. My mistake! I found the number of the engine lower down, 3AB1, which further confirms the close relationship to the earlier mentioned tractors.
engine_cover.jpg

Last edited:
   / Iseki 35 #7  
And now I have it at my house! Just arrived tonight. Actually different, equally unknown model number -- SF138 -- on the manufacturer sticker. Maybe it is a TYM model number? The castings of the transmission have TYM on them.
View attachment 544801View attachment 544802View attachment 544803

Congratulations! Yeah, it appears to be an unusual model. The only Iseki SF models I can find are mowers. I also notice the serial number is very low... an indication there weren't many made? Just as a side note, I'd review some basic FEL operation safety, especially with the wife if she will be using it.

/ Iseki 35
I would wonder if, at some point, the ROPS could have been swapped? Yet I doubt the ROPS from a mower would fit a tractor, but maybe they made them all the same?

Next to the seat of the tractor, the sticker with the chart of which gears are appropriate for which tasks and the max ground speed in each has written on it TS35F. Interestingly, I found a PDF listing all/many of the ISEKI agricultural machines as well as what engine was used and the years of production. There is a TS35F in that list, which was produced from the year 1998. Though its engine is listed as E3AB1, whereas the TS3510 has the 3AB1 engine. Maybe though the lower part of the casting would be the same?

I just had it out, moving some dirt in the yard around. I realize how a joystick would be a nicer interface for controlling the FEL than 3 levers! Just have to get in my head which lever does what. A decently full bucket of soil lifted without any problem.

One disappointment though is that I think it has power steering, but that also seems to not be working, or only partially working. When standing still the wheels are very hard to turn. When moving at all turning is OK.

/ Iseki 35 #9  
Looking at TS35F pics online, it appears that model has power steering. I would suspect either a weak pump or a relief valve bypassing. Does it only do this (steer hard) with a full bucket or does it make a difference if you have a heavy load on the front end or not?

/ Iseki 35
The bucket being full didn't matter, but it was by then in somewhat thick mud when I noticed, since it was by then that I was making tight maneuvers where I needed to turn the wheels hard, ideally before moving.

There is also what seems like to me a lot of play in the steering. With the wheels pointed straight ahead, I turn the steering wheel to either side at least 20° before any steering happens, which seems excessive.

There is some sort of box on the steering mechanism with hydraulic lines going to it, and then two of those go in to the steering mechanism. That's why I'm sure it has power steering.

I just went out and checked. The line going out from the hydraulic pump has been opened, and now the hydraulic fluid first goes up to the controls for the FEL before returning to the circuit where it continues in to the transmission (for controlling the 3pt). Separate lines go to and return from the transmission housing for the power steering.

Is this really a good arrangement? When I've seen threads of people adding FELs to their tractors on here, I see them putting Ts in to the hydraulic lines so the FEL is in "parallel", not putting it in "series" (can these terms from electrical engineering be applie to hydraulics?).

Some other things need to be checked to-- I was surprised to learn that the diesel pump has two places that need engine oil poured in to them. In my car the diesel injection pump is lubricated by the diesel fuel, so this surprised me.