4370 what is this lever

/ 4370 what is this lever #1  

greggyy

Gold Member
Tractor
Compacts
I could take a guess, but if you know what the lever in the foreground does, please share :)

iseki lever8.jpg

/ 4370 what is this lever #3  
That is a feathering lever so when you engage your PTO instead of it slaming into the load you can raise this lever and feather the load. Turn your PTO on and I bet it will not work until this lever is in the upright position. I had a 32 HP White made by Iseki and it had a main PTO lever under your leg on the left side and an electric switch on the dash. With both of these in the on position you had to slowly raise that lever all the way up to make your PTO run. Try it

/ 4370 what is this lever
Bingo !

We have a winner.

Yes, this is exactly what it does and operates.

Only thing is, one answer leads to more questions......does this then operate the clutch ? it seems a bit odd to have an electric clutch and a second system or clutch ? I always was curious as to why tractors have electric PTO engagement anyway, this seems suited to say a AC compressor clutch, but not to things like say mower blades or things that could have a high load.

I guess what I am saying is the electric switch seems to be optional when this lever exists ?

And this is also another reason manufacturers should make freely and easily available owner operation manuals.

/ 4370 what is this lever #5  
My LS has a electric PTO engagement button but you can feather the PTO in (for bush hog) by fully depressing the clutch, engage the PTO electric button, then slowly releasing the clutch(manual transmission) or you can just pull up the PTO button on the fly to engage on stuff like a tiller.

/ 4370 what is this lever #6  
Bingo !

We have a winner.

Yes, this is exactly what it does and operates.

Only thing is, one answer leads to more questions......does this then operate the clutch ? it seems a bit odd to have an electric clutch and a second system or clutch ? I always was curious as to why tractors have electric PTO engagement anyway, this seems suited to say a AC compressor clutch, but not to things like say mower blades or things that could have a high load.

I guess what I am saying is the electric switch seems to be optional when this lever exists ?

And this is also another reason manufacturers should make freely and easily available owner operation manuals.

The only time I ever used it was on my bush hog mower. But it has to be in the up position for the PTO to work. If I was using my tiller I just left it in the up position and used the electric switch to turn the PTO on and off. I had my tractor for 33 years and I bought it new. Use it and you will get to like the electric PTO switch. Anything I ever run on mine snowblower included I never feathered the load with this lever only on the mower. When I traded my tractor in 2 years ago they allowed me 300 dollars less that I paid for it new 33 years ago