Oil & Fuel Iseki TS 2205 ran out of Fuel still won't start!!

/ Iseki TS 2205 ran out of Fuel still won't start!! #1  

DonWorrell

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3325
Iseki TS 2205 ran out of Fuel still won\'t start!!

As many of you know I ran my Iseki TS 2205 tractor out of fuel. I bled the lines and got it running again. It ran for about 1/2 a tank of fuel. I parked it and went out the next day and it would not restart.

We look for fuel at the top of the injectors. We had none so we think we had a small leak drawing in air. I emailed Derrick at Rainbow Distributors and he sent me a diagram on how to bled the lines. We did this. Tractor still won't start.

Now here are my questions.

1. We have fuel at the bled screw on the side of the injector pump but it won't pump pressure out the top.

Could we have some trash in the pump?

2. The tractor has 1040 hours on it. It looks in really good condition. No engine smoke. Good power. When I got it past overheating it pulls my 5' bush hog in 3' grass in 3rd low gear with no problem.

Could my pump just of gone bad overnight? Could I have a leaking seal?

How do you check the pump in the field? My engine is an Isuzu 2AB1. It is a 2 cylinder. Would any diesel pump mechanic know how to work on it?

3. If I need to rebuild the injector pump can I still buy an overhaul kit for it?

I know these are a lot of questions. But I am on a really tight budget and know a little about diesels but only know enough to get myself in trouble.

My neighbor is a gas engine mechanic and is helping me but he is at a loss now.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Don Worrell

/ Iseki TS 2205 ran out of Fuel still won't start!! #2  
Re: Iseki TS 2205 ran out of Fuel still won\'t start!!

Don, I am not a diesel mechanic, but I have driven diesels for the last 30 years and have a few things to mention. As you did run out of fuel, I doubt the pump had a mechanical failure at the same time, unless it was turned over a lot trying to get it restarted dry. Some parts of some pumps are lubricated with the fuel. The first thing I would check would be that the pump is running. How to do this, I don't know. The pump has to be timed with the engine, so there has to be some means of the engine turning the pump. If the pump is turning, I would then check fuel supply to the pump. I would think removing the fuel line at the pump and letting it run for awhile to be sure you have good flow. If you don't remove or loosen the fuel cap to be sure there hasn't been a vacuum created in the tank. May be trash somewhere stopping flow. Don't forget to use caution when removing a pressureized fuel fitting. My Dodge Cummins has 2,000 psi on the fuel injector lines. Wrap a towel around the fitting and wrench when loosening. Wish I could help more but without a manual.......
Michael

/ Iseki TS 2205 ran out of Fuel still won't start!! #3  
Re: Iseki TS 2205 ran out of Fuel still won\'t start!!

Is your Fuel gauge working?

/ Iseki TS 2205 ran out of Fuel still won't start!! #4  
This is an old post but I just had the same thing happen with a 1610.

Grrrrrr!!!!!.

The air bleed on the inj pump isn't at the top, as the pump mounts to the front cover. The pump is mounted at 11 o'clock as viewed from the front. So the air bleed doesn't bleed all the air out. The bleed is on the wrong side of the pump. There's a small wedge in the upper corner that will trap air.

Solution was jacking up both axles on the right side of the tractor. I got up as far as I could take it. Then used moderate air pressure, wrap a rag around the air nozzle, in the tank and bled the bleeder.

I still had to crack one of the injector lines to get it started. Take the throttle to full and bleed the other inj.