4x4 front end lube

/ 4x4 front end lube #1  

mopacman

Silver Member
Tractor
Iseki 3200F, kubota L245DT
what type oil is used in front differential of a TL3200F, and how do you check oil leval in it. thanks Larry

/ 4x4 front end lube #2  
80w-90 gear oil

/ 4x4 front end lube
The only plug I see in the front end is a vent plug. If I take it out and look inside all I see is an axle shaft. Thanks Larry

/ 4x4 front end lube #4  
On the smaller Isekis ,you take the wheel off both sides. There is a square headed plug on the sideof the knuckle that is the fill and check port. There is one down low for the drain. It is a slow proccess to get it full. If you fill using the plug you describe it overflows before it is actually full. I usually fill at the top check hole at the hubs and then let it set for a day and refill untill you get it full on both sides. If anyone has a better way please feel free to let us all know.

/ 4x4 front end lube #5  
Larry,
The oil is checked by looking down the vent hole on the top of the axle housing. The oil level should just cover the axle shaft. I found this out from a White FB 31 operators manual. White suggests using HiTran oil same as the transmission, but I know when I drained the oil in my TL2100F 4x4 (to replace a leaking spindle seal) it was 80w90 not HiTran, so I put 80w90 back in it.

/ 4x4 front end lube #6  
I have a TS1610 Iseki. Just wondering how hard is it to replace seals in spindles. Where the wheel is mounted on the hub, I noticed a leak on the inside of the hub and at the bottom of the tie rod area, it is coming out from the the top of those seals. Also, any idea of where I can get a manual for a 1610TS? Thanks.