Hydraulic fluid leak

/ Hydraulic fluid leak #1  

MightyMachine

Tractor
Iseki TS1910
<font color="blue"> </font> I am new to this site and am so glad to have found it. I have a TS1910 that I have worked hard for a little over a year now. Recently I have experienced a leak that I don't have a fix for. The leak is hydraulic fluid and the leak is at the injector pump where the tach/hour meter connects. From what I can tell it is somehow coming from the hydraulic pump through the injector pump. Can anyone please help me with this as I am afraid to use it this way although it works fine and I am needing to drag logs before the winter sets in. Thanks one and all. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Hydraulic fluid leak #2  
Your injector pump has oil in it. Are you sure it isn't that oil leaking. There is a test port on the side to check the level.

/ Hydraulic fluid leak
<font color="blue"> </font> Thanks for the info. I am unsure where this port is. Could you please point the way in relation to the air bleeder screw? Also how will I know if the level is correct and if it is the injector oil what can I do to remedy this leak?
Thr reason that I thought it was hydraulic fluid was because of the location of the pump in relation to the injector pump and the fact that the only fluid that I could find low was hydraulic fluid at the resevoir under the seat.
Thank you again

/ Hydraulic fluid leak
Also if it is the injector pump oil that is leaking, what type of oil do I add back?
Thanks Again

/ Hydraulic fluid leak #5  
It takes engine oil and according to my manual it holds 0.12Qts/0.11L.

/ Hydraulic fluid leak
Thank you for the info John. Since it is separate from the engine oil itself that explains why it was so nice and clear and smelled different.......lol........ /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now if I someone could please inform me on how to stop this leak I would be most appreciative. I'm used to fuel injectors, not injector pumps.

Thanks Again

/ Hydraulic fluid leak #7  
Change the oil & see if it still leaks. Usually the oil gets diluted with diesel fuel. Afer you change it, it make be thick enough not to leak. If it still leaks & you want it fixed, you should have it rebuilt by a fuel injection shop.

/ Hydraulic fluid leak
Thanks for the info Leonard. Unfortunately the oil does'nt seem to be diluted at all. It is honey golden. That is why at first glance I thought it was hydraulic fluid. Am getting ready to check into any available avenues with the help of the parts thread started yesterday. Will let you knkow what I find out.

/ Hydraulic fluid leak
Evidently the oil in the injector pump was the original oil from the factory. It was water thin and at the last of the drain was pretty dirty. Replaced with 15-40 Rotella. Have used about forty-five minutes and not a drop to be seen. Usually by that time the oil filter would have been soaked twice over.
Thanks to all the nice posters on this subject with good info.
A great site with great people.