TL 2100

/ TL 2100 #1  

flattman

Tractor
Yanmar 2420
I am seriously considering purchasing a TL 2100 but I am also making the choice between a YM2420 and this TL 2100. I curious as to what advice I would receive from owners of these units, as to reliability, servicibilty, parts avalibility and any other iinformation that would help me make this decession.

Thanks in advance

Flattman

/ TL 2100
I should have added to my request about information on the TL2100 as to what longivity could be expected on the "glow plugs,' their price, availibility, and how difficult are they to change out when one has problems with them? Thanks

Flattman

/ TL 2100 #3  
I like and have sold both tractors. The Yanmar has the edge with the powershift, not available with Iseki and the "name" familiarity. I get my Iseki glow plugs and other factory parts right from Derrick at Rainbow Distributors in Hawaii. Usually get them in a couple days. Hoye Bros also have a great parts department and Aaron is a big help as well. If you are planning on loader work the powershift is really nice. Usually you will find the Isekis slightly less expensive in comparable age/hours.
Nick

/ TL 2100
Nick,

Thank you for the post, I appreciate your input and it helps....very much.

Again, thank you...I grew up on a peanut farm and used to larger tractors, but I am very impressed with these compact tractors. I had an orchard in the Rio Grande valley of NM before I moved here and shoiuld have had one of these critters back then...but...I was hard headed and tilled my 100 tree apple orchard with a Troy built tiller...good tiller...but quiet a lot of work...

Thanks

Ron

Thanks

Ron

/ TL 2100 #5  
G'day,
I had to change out the glow plugs a few days after my TU 2100 was delivered. I don't know how much they cost but I was supplied genuine ISUZU plugs on the 3 month warranty Part No. 5-81410061-0. They were quite easy to change out, even the one behind the injection pump. You just need to be patient as there's not a lot of room for you and the spanner behind the pump. Starts any time I want it to with no problem.

Brett.