Bolens/Iseki rototiller help needed

/ Bolens/Iseki rototiller help needed #1  

63DH8

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1725M Bolens TX 1504 (G154) 1957 John Deere 420C crawler
I have a Bolens made by Iseki TX 1504 (G154) that I bought a rototiller for. It's not a three point cat 1 type hitch typ of tiller. According to the manuals, this is the same type as what is sold by the company when new. Unfortunately, I don't have a manual that tells how to mount the tiller onto the tractor. Can anyone tell me how the two go to gether?
Mucho thanks in advance!

My Bolens

/ Bolens/Iseki rototiller help needed #2  
Picture of the tiller would help. I assume you bought a grey market 2 point tiller. If so, you need the mounting bracket that bolts to the back of the tractor. I have one that should fit your tractor, but i don't know if it will fit your tiller without more info.

/ Bolens/Iseki rototiller help needed
Thank you Lens! When I posted the post, I didn't know what a two point hitch was. I've been searching around for more information when I came across some information in the manual. Seems the factory sells a two point tiller for this tractor. Of course, the manual doesn't show a clear picture of how the tiller mounts, nor does it give instructions.

As soon as I get the time, I'll post pictures of the PTO area of the tractor and the tiller. The tiller was made by Mistsubitsi (sp?) The person who soldit to me said he didn't need the tiller because he bought his tractor for snow removal.

Again, mucho thanks!
xyxthumbs.gif

/ Bolens/Iseki rototiller help needed #4  
I believe that your machine is similar to my TS1910/G192. Do you have the U shaped bracket bolted to the rear of your transmission case? see attachment.
If it's the same as my tiller setup, the tiller should slide inside this bracket and attach with 2 of 19mm(3/4) pins. The 2x mounting holes on the transmission case bracket on mine are double thickness for additional strenght and 160mm (6" approx) apart.

Attachments

• 581792-Rear Plate 1.JPG
    581792-Rear Plate 1.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,435
   / Bolens/Iseki rototiller help needed #5  
This is a picture of my tiller showing one mounting pin in place and I have noted the lifting arms mounting pin locations.
The PTO drive shaft is shown just for good measure it's 280mm long.
Hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 581793-Rotary Hoe Mount1.JPG
    581793-Rotary Hoe Mount1.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,539
   / Bolens/Iseki rototiller help needed #6  
The Iseki mounting bracket will probably not work on a Mitsubishi tiller. The 2 point system is not standardized. You may be better off converting the tiller to a 3 point tiller.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The Iseki mounting bracket will probably not work on a Mitsubishi tiller. The 2 point system is not standardized. You may be better off converting the tiller to a 3 point tiller. )</font>

Oh GREAT! How do I do that??? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Bolens/Iseki rototiller help needed #8  
You just need to find an sturdy place on the tiller to mount the hitch pins. Attached is a picture of a grey market tiller that shows how I extended the hitch pin brackets. Maybe it will give you some ideas.

Attachments

• 583372-tillermod.JPG
    583372-tillermod.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 1,519
Ah can doos dat! Nuttin good ol' Amuurican injoonuity can't figger out! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Out of curiousty, what is that wheel crank for? I have a crank on mine that's attached to a piece of pipe that's just hanging out in the middle of nothing. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Bolens/Iseki rototiller help needed #10  
That wheel adjusts the height of a set of gauge wheels on the back of the tiller. Some of the grey market tillers from Japan come with the wheels, but often they are missing.