Interpreter Needed

/ Interpreter Needed #1  

tncruzin

Bronze Member
Tractor
Iseki TL-1900
OK this is one for some of you experts. Can someone tell me what these numbers that I found on my tractor mean:

On the right side of the engine behind and below the injector body:

3AF1

1-170L (about 2" space) 80 2 19

On the right side on the bottom of the transmission housing:

0C29

W1-1

/ Interpreter Needed #2  
Well I'm definitely no expert only having 21hrs on my TL-1900 but I think comparing our numbers we can come up with a couple answers.

3AF1...1-170L

These are on my tractor as well. My engine parts book says 3AF1 is the engine number for TL-1900 but I dont know what 1-170L is.

Yours 80 2 19
Mine 84 9 07

Looks like dates of manufacture to me.

0D19...W1-2

These are on mine. I have no idea.

Since Im sure mine is a Vietnam rebuild I dont know if my engine and transmission came together originally

/ Interpreter Needed
I suspected the 80 2 19 must be the mnfg. date. That means mine is 25 years old tomorrow! Do you have an original owner's manual? Would you be interested in selling a copy of it?

/ Interpreter Needed #4  
Sorry no owners manual. I bought a Bolens G212 service and repair manual. It has the same engine and maybe the same transmission but I havent looked into that. The brakes are different but it gives a good general idea of how things go together.

/ Interpreter Needed #5  
I can supply you with the closest English manuals. Some Japanese models have close US counterparts. Others are not so close.

/ Interpreter Needed #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I suspected the 80 2 19 must be the mnfg. date. That means mine is 25 years old tomorrow!)</font>

Would you believe mine was made on my birthday.

/ Interpreter Needed #7  
I bet the 1-170L is actually 1.170L, the engine displacement in liters.