Start problems iseki TX1500

/ Start problems iseki TX1500 #21  
I think the fuel is going fine, it's smoking pretty good by the exhaust. Is it possible that my glow plug are to weak?

/ Start problems iseki TX1500 #22  
When you crank it over if it is making black smoke it is getting fuel. I have a TX 1500F 2 cylinder. Mine starts hard in cold weather. I recently wrote a story in this forum about installation of a more powerful battery and the operators manual says to heat up the glow plug for outside temp. of 40 degrees for 20 seconds. I usually give it about 12 to 15 seconds with the red coil in the red zone. When the battery is just a little weak it is very hard to start. You might try jumping your tractor of your pickup or something with a good fully charged battery and see what happens. That way you would prove it is not the battery caused by slow cranking speed.

/ Start problems iseki TX1500 #23  
When you crank it over if it is making black smoke it is getting fuel. I have a TX 1500F 2 cylinder. Mine starts hard in cold weather. I recently wrote a story in this forum about installation of a more powerful battery and the operators manual says to heat up the glow plug for outside temp. of 40 degrees for 20 seconds. I usually give it about 12 to 15 seconds with the red coil in the red zone. When the battery is just a little weak it is very hard to start. You might try jumping your tractor of your pickup or something with a good fully charged battery and see what happens. That way you would prove it is not the battery caused by slow cranking speed.

Thats not a bad suggestion, I have to use my glow plugs even when it is warm outside, and they may be bad?

/ Start problems iseki TX1500 #24  
To check the actual glow plug remove the wire from the top of it an use a volt meter, turn it to ohms and check for continuity. Touch one lead to the glow plug terminal and the other lead to a shiny spot on the engine block. If you do not have continuity the glow plug needs replaced. Turn your volt meter to volts and check voltage at the wire feeding your glow plugs by turning on your glow plug switch. It should read 12 volts. Those two checks tell you your glow plug system is working.

/ Start problems iseki TX1500 #25  
Thats not a bad suggestion, I have to use my glow plugs even when it is warm outside, and they may be bad?

Anytime the engine is "cold" you'll probably need to use the glowplugs, even when it's 80 deg. F outside to have it start in the first 2-3 cranks. Now I don't know what these engines were like when new, but all of them I've seen including the KE70, KE75, K3A, and K3B Mitsubishi engines require glowing to start quickly, even on a relatively warm day. Otherwise, you'll have to crank and watch white smoke for a bit before enough heat/temperature builds in the cylinders to properly ignite the fuel.

I was playing around with a new Kubota utility vehicle at work and cranked on it w/o the glow plugs with an ambient temp of about 75 degrees. It started in about 3-4 cranks. I'm not sure if this quicker starting ability is solely due to it being new (good compression, etc.) or because of some better technology implemented on the newer diesels (variable timing for instance). It appears as if the glow plugs have power while cranking which could, in theory, help some but they would need to heat quicker than the glow plugs used in the Mitsubishi engines which typically take at least a few seconds to heat up.

/ Start problems iseki TX1500 #26  
I think the reason the newer engines start faster is because of the higher compression. Older diesels were 17 or 18 to one compression. The new ones are 22 to one! Higher compression heats up the sir faster. And my tractor a KE75 requires glow plugs at 80 degrees if it is cold.

/ Start problems iseki TX1500 #27  
I would tend to agree with you although I have the KE70 engine listed as 20:1 compression from sources other than the manual (why isn't it listed in the manual(s)?). But yes, higher ratios should tend to help alot with starting and overall engine efficiency.