Start problems iseki TX1500

/ Start problems iseki TX1500 #1  

barry1

Help /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifMy Iseki is strating very bad ,have change the glowplugs en battery (12v 45ah) and i have checked the engine compresion (25 bar) .When i'm lucky and he will start than he's working good. But the next morning it's the same story again.bad starting.Good to know the outside temp is between 10 and 18 degrees celcius (Netherlands weather).
I hope to receive a good tip! Thanks!

/ Start problems iseki TX1500 #2  
I'm not sure how the temprature and the compression convert out to numbers I'm used to, but if the compressions good, have you checked to see if the engine shut off that you pull to stop it is opening all the way when you push it in? Also, have you checked to see if the correct voltage is getting to the glow plugs, (ie a bad resistor)? Have you checked/changed the fuel filter? If it's cold out have you tried kerosene instead of deisel to start it? You might need to check the fuel pressure to the injectors or might even need to have the injectors cleaned, I know little to nothing about fuel injection. Good luck.

/ Start problems iseki TX1500
Thanks for your advice,I have checked de fuel lines to the injectors there is fuel comming out but not with a high pressure it spray's fuel for 3 cm out off the lines at every engine rotate.
Do you think that's enough pressure for the injectors or not ?
i have 12 v on the glow plugs. And by the way when i used my car and connect the iseki with battery cabels to my car i can start for a longer time and he will start and is working. properly all the time.But next morning won't start again.

/ Start problems iseki TX1500 #4  
I'd be checking to make sure the glow plugs are all actually working, even though they are new. I'd also check the cable that you pull to shut it off and make sure it's opening fully.

/ Start problems iseki TX1500 #5  
To start off I dont know about the TX1500 but if it has a dark indecator on dash that is labeled glow plug it should get brighter as you hold the key to the left for about 20 seconds. If it does not glow and you have full battery volts at the glow plugs the glow plug are probble bad. the Iseki I have read about have 9.5 volt glow plugs. Ihope this helps.......Larry

/ Start problems iseki TX1500
Do you know a otherway to check out the glow plugs ?except
checking with my multimeter !! What do you exactly mean with the cable to shut it off. Do you mean the rod that connect the handle to the feulpump?

/ Start problems iseki TX1500 #7  
How long are you engaging the glow plugs before attempting to turn the engine over? It takes a minimum of 20 seconds for the preheating coil in the combustion chamber to be fully heated. If all glow plugs are working, the dash indicator (looks like a curved cover with a hole in the middle - when you look through the hole, you see a filament that looks similar to a spring) will glow a dull red after 15 seconds or so. Try this in the evening, as it can be difficult to see in bright daylight. If it is not glowing after 20 seconds, you have an open circuit - one or more failed glow plugs, a loose connection on your switch or bad connection on the plugs, indicator or ground. You need to test each glow plug individually for resistance with an ohmmeter to determine if they are good.

/ Start problems iseki TX1500 #8  
Hi,
I am familiar with this type of tractor. The problem is the compression (wear of the piston rings), 25 bar when cranking the starter is not enough. It is common problem for models TX1300 and tx1500 (2 cyl. engines). I had the same problem with mine, replaced glow plugs and injector nozzles without any improvement in starting. You need new piston rings and a new head gasket and the engine will be easy to start. To check for low compression take of the crankcase ventilation line at the intake manifold, and see when engine is running. If it is a continuous air vent the piston rings are worn. You can also see a lot of oil in the intake manifold if the engine compression is low. It is important to have a new (clean) air filter to avoid this type of engine damage.

/ Start problems iseki TX1500 #9  
Overhauling the engine is not a big job. Remove the tin and the radiator. Label all electrical connections. Remove the engine from the tractor. Pull the head and oil pan. Check the wear of the cylinders by measuring the ridge and the cylinder. Try for no more than .0010 wear. Remove the pistons and rods being careful not to nick or damage the crankshaft, label and ensure all pcs go back in exactly the same place. I use surgical tubing on the rod bolts to ensure they don't nick the crank. Cut the ridge (ridge cutter) and break the glaze on the cylinder walls (use a hone if you have one, 400 grit sandpaper if you don't. Try for a nice crosshatch pattern at about 45 degrees.) Before assembly, wash the cylinder walls with ATF (automatic transmission fluid) until clean. Look carefully at the old rings as you take them off. Rings have bevels or unique edges that clearly indicate the installation patterns. Clean the ring grooves with a piece of an old ring, removing all carbon. If you have a ring expander, use it to install new rings, if not, carefully spiral the new rings on to the piston. Torque all bolts in sequence and carefully, twice. Use a decent torque wrench. You will not be disappointed. Anyone that is careful and pays attention can overhaul a motor.

Tom

/ Start problems iseki TX1500 #10  
I did the ouverhaulig without removing the engine from the tractor. It is correct that this is a simple job, I used approximately 4 hour. Just remember to drain the engine oil and the coolant first. When pulling up the pistons to the engine top you can see the gap in the piston rings when the ring is just in level with the engine top. My tractor had a ring gap of approximately 2.5 mm (0.1"), that is far too much. With new rings the gap was approximately 1 mm. The cylinder walls looked fine, no edge at the top. It is wise to hone the cylinder walls before assembly.
Note that this type of engine damage is very common for Iseki TX1300 and 1500. I am not sure what is the reason, but I note that these models do not have a thermostat, probably engine is running cold all the time. We have some Kubota 2 cyl tractors as well but we have never experienced this problem on the Kubota (or Yanmar) tractors. As for Iseki 2 cyl TX tractors they always seem to suffer from lack of compression. Otherwise it is a nice tractor.