TS1610 PTO Speed control

/ TS1610 PTO Speed control #1  

rich_ncal

Gold Member
Tractor
TS1610
The PTO selection lever on my TS1610 has four positions. There is a new looking decal listing positions 1 -4 for the PTO. However looking at the PTO in operation it does not look little the decal is correct. #1 seems faster than #3.

Please some feedback on the correct positions.

Thanks
Rich S

/ TS1610 PTO Speed control #2  
I have a TS1910 with what sounds like the same mis-labelling. For the first winter I used the snowblower with the PTO in the #1 (down and out) position as I read on TBN that this was the 540 rpm position. The following summer, with the Iseki tiller in place, I wanted to see what some of the other speeds were like on the PTO and was surprised to see that the #3 PTO speed (lever down and in) was slower than the #1. I read on TBN that most North American PTO instruments are not made to handle PTO speeds greater than 540 and I have not heard that the Isekis were made with a speed lower than 540.
The following winter I used the # 3 PTO speed for the blower and the snow didn't seem to blow as far but it still did the job.
There is a fancy instrument that can be used to check rotation speeds (name escapes me) but for now, as long as it tills or blows in the slowest PTO speed, I will use #3.
Cheers!

/ TS1610 PTO Speed control #3  
I have a mechanical Tach that has a rubber tip. You put it on the end of the shaft. It tells the rpm. Some of the smaller Isekis had a slower than 540 speed.

/ TS1610 PTO Speed control #4  
I have an original decal on my TS1610. 1st is down and in, 4th is down and out, 3rd is up an in, and 2nd is up and out.