Iseki TU205F broken frame project

/ Iseki TU205F broken frame project #1  

svcguy

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM240D / Massey Ferguson 135 / New Holland TN75F / Pasquali 988 and 997 / Goldoni 20A, 226 and Maxter 70RS / Ferrari 76 and 85 / Holder A50 / Valpadana VMC 180 / Long 610 4WD
The Iseki TU205F is a nice tractor, but not a good platform for a front end loader. The frame is not adequately built in my opinion. It would probably be fine as a rice tractor, but a loader puts some serious stress on things. I recently purchased one for $3000 with a new loader on it. Hydraulics were great, tractor runs really well, good rubber and 4WD. The downside was the broken frame, just behind the front axle, both sides. This frame was seriously screwed up! I will include some pictures for TU205 owners and would recommend a frame inspection for anyone running a loader. Not sure if this is typical, but obviously a possibility.

I pulled the frame for the repair, as it wasn't possible to do a proper job with everything in place. Removing the loader, body, front axle, engine and finally the frame takes about 4 hours using air tools.

Once the frame was out, it was obvious how inadequate the TU205 frame is. The rear two thirds is not bad, as it has some box to the frame, but it tapers down to almost nothing right at the front axle.

As you can see in the picture, the frame was bad. I cut the rotten areas right out and replaced them. Once the frame was back to original, I ran 1/2 inch square stock right along the underside edge on both sides to reinforce the edges. (Iseki uses a few small pieces of round stock, but these were removed. Round stock is better, but I had the square). There is a nice, heavy steel frame stamping just rear of the engine that I used for attaching additional tubes right up the side of the frame to the front. These were made of 1.5 by 3 inch tubing and welded to the stamping and the top of the frame. I then added gussets to the underside right up to where the front loader frame bolts on.

I am also going to tie the loader frame together below the tractor to reduce flexing. If anyone would like more pictures, I would be glad to provide them.

/ Iseki TU205F broken frame project
Sorry folks, I tried to attach some photos, but they are too large for the forum. If someone is serious about pictures, please contact me and I can provide some.

/ Iseki TU205F broken frame project
Thought I would update the frame story for anyone needing some motivation for frame repair. Two years later and still going strong. This tractor has been worked hard and shows no sign of frame failure since repairing it. I thought I would add some pictures of what happened. 001 shows the original frame as arrived (after I removed the engine and drive train). The frame was basically torn in half. Not sure what the previous owner was doing with this machine!

002 shows the initial frame welded (bottom) with added 1/2 inch square stock to prevent it from ripping in the future. 003 and 004 show the side tubes and gussets welded in to strengthen it. 005 shows the finished result. Note I created a torque tube for the loader frame running under the engine. This tied it together well.

One additional picture shows the air cleaner modification done to allow for $3.00 Wal-mart air filters (former VW Jetta air box).

Attachments

• Frame 001.jpg
    Frame 001.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 780
  • Frame 002.jpg
    Frame 002.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 670
  • Frame 003.jpg
    Frame 003.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 595
  • Frame 004.jpg
    Frame 004.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 610
  • Frame 005.jpg
    Frame 005.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 622
  • Air Cleaner.jpg
    Air Cleaner.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 586
   / Iseki TU205F broken frame project #4  
The work looks great! Just gotta say I am jealous! I would love to participate in a rebuild of this magnitude.

Gotta learn how to weld....so useful in this website!

Sincerely,

Ikymojoe

/ Iseki TU205F broken frame project #5  
I know this is an old thread but I am going to be inspecting my machine for similar defects. Thanks to Kays supply for the link.

/ Iseki TU205F broken frame project #6  
I was looking under my Landhope TU200 and saw the cracks in the frame just where they were located by svcguy.

They are not all the way around. Gonna need some engineering before I can use it.

:(

thanks again Kayssupply

I know this is an old thread but I am going to be inspecting my machine for similar defects. Thanks to Kays supply for the link.

/ Iseki TU205F broken frame project #7  
I took it in to my main welding guy and he thought that it might just need to be welded. He fixed it right off. Will see how it holds up.

I was looking under my Landhope TU200 and saw the cracks in the frame just where they were located by svcguy.

They are not all the way around. Gonna need some engineering before I can use it.

:(

thanks again Kayssupply