Hydraulics failure...

/ Hydraulics failure... #1  

corelokt308win

Silver Member
The hydraulics on my TL2100f have lost pressure. The tractors stuck up in the woods where I was using the bucket to move downed trees out of the trails.
Anyone know what all would cause this? Could it only be pump failure, as the bucket and 3 point have both quit, or is there something else?
Does anyone have instructions as to how to break the tractor down to get the pump out? Can the pump be rebuilt? Can I leave the existing pump as is, and splice a belt driven pump into the lines instead, leaving the old pump to run dry?
Anyone know of a source for a service manual for this tractor yet?

/ Hydraulics failure... #2  
The pump should be external. If you follow the small hydraulic line back to the front of the tractor you should find it in the front right of your engine. I had a Hinomoto do what you describe and it was the key in the pump shaft. I had to do some welding on the key way.

/ Hydraulics failure... #3  
Do you know for sure that it is the pump? If you don't, I would say to check the hose connections or quick disconnects first. They may look connected and not be.

/ Hydraulics failure... #4  
Explain exactly what happened in detail. It will help us help you.

Buck

/ Hydraulics failure...
I was brush hogging logging roads behind my place. I came across a downed tree and decided to use the bucket to lift and push it out of the trail. It was while doing this that I lost my hydraulics. I worked all weekend and just had to get my wife who was stuck with a flat tire, so it is still up there, and will be untill I demount, repair, and remount her tire.
Fun, fun, fun...oh the fun.

/ Hydraulics failure... #6  
Ok. I need more details about what happened with the hydraulics. Did they shut off immediately? Slowly get worse or get jerky then quit? Did the motor change tone when it happened? Is the loader and 3 point completely dead, no movement whatsoever? Is your tranny fluid full? When was the last time you cleaned your hydraulic strainer?

Pumps are available and it is on front of the engine on the brake side. Easy to replace.

Buck

/ Hydraulics failure... #7  
The pump can easily be rebuilt. The best way to look at your tractor is that it is a mechanical unit. There is nothing that cannot be renewed, rebuilt or fixed. A hydraulic pump is a simple, gear affair that can be easily repaired. The question is... is it the pump? It may be the key, it may be the gears, it may be whatever. If it failed instantly, a key may have been sheared and rendered the pump useless. If it failed slowly, you may need to plain the pump body, restoring the pressure ability. I agree with the earlier request for more information. Try and remember exactly what happened, reconstruct the information accurately, and it would help the diagnosis. The most important thing to remember is that there is never anything that cannot be fixed. Tractors are simple, mechanical devices. There is always a solution, regardless of the availability of parts. Look at it this way, at the turn of the century, with little if any mechanical theory well understood, people were inventing these things. Building them in their home shops. With the technological advantages we have, there is nothing that cannot be fixed, and fixed easily. The key is, don't panic. Iseki tractors have an incredible parts inventory world wide and there are may North American businesses that would be happy to help you with parts.

Tom

/ Hydraulics failure...
It lives! A branch or something had pulled a hose connection under the tractor between the pump and tranny loose and it was sucking air. I reconnected the hose, topped off the fluids and cleaned the strainer, ran it awhile and am now replacing all the fluid as it had likely sucked in some dirt and wood chips from the chainsaw when I cut up the tree to get the tractor out. Thanks all.