Iseki engine number

/ Iseki engine number #1  

jdannels

I recently purchased an Iseki tractor TL 2540 and I am trying to locate the engine number. I see the following raised numbers on the engine 3E1, 8092, 1296L. Can anyone tell me which is the engine number and is there a Massey Ferguson cross reference number?

/ Iseki engine number #2  
I think you will find that model was made before the Massey connection. It may be when the Bolens company was using Iseki.

/ Iseki engine number #3  
Well, since my smaller and older Iseki TS1610f has an engine # of 2AA1, I would guess that's the first number you list. Also, the 1296L is probably tha engine size at 1.296 liters since my smaller model is a .975 liter. Don't know what the middle number is though.

Bill

/ Iseki engine number
Thanks Bill for the information-how has your older iseki been for you = and do you have great difficulty finding parts for it. j_dannels@yahoo.com

/ Iseki engine number #5  
After rebuilding the front axle with new seals and bearings (both wheel pivots were leaking), and replacing the engine rocker shaft and rockers when I got it, it has run great. I'm painting the wheels right now, and the rest of the original finish still looks real nice. Parts have been no problem so far. I imagine tractor-specific parts like castings and gears would be difficult and must be bought via Japan. But the consumables like bearings, seals and gaskets are all purchased local. All of the Isuzu engine parts I've needed I purchased through DESSCO (Diesel Electric Service and Supply) out of Salt Lake City, UT, by phone.

Bill

/ Iseki engine number #6  
I'm slowly getting around to registering my Iseki TX2140 for road legal use, so the Driving Licensing Authority are going to want numbers to create a registration document. I have found the frame/chassis number on the silver label by the gear stick (shifter), so to avoid taking all the guards off, where will I find the engine serial number please?

Thanks in advance.

BTW its the 3 cylinder diesel engine if that matters.