Clutch problems

/ Clutch problems #1  

Iplayfarmer

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1215, Case 801B
I think my clutch is going out on my TX1500. I want some advice, though, because it doesn't act like a normal "bad clutch" problem.

When I press the clutch all the way down it doesn't fully dissengage. It's as if I can't push the pedal down far enough, and I can still feel the engine trying to turn the wheels. I thought when a clutch went out it was the other way around... i.e. the clutch wouldn't engage and you're just sitting there with the engine running going nowhere.

Is it the clutch, or is there something else (hopefully cheaper and easier to fix)?

Also, if any of you can get me the parts please reply or send a PM.

/ Clutch problems #2  
Have you adjusted the clutch? If some of the linkage has worn, it wouldn't have enough travel .

/ Clutch problems #3  
I can supply you with parts.

/ Clutch problems #4  
I would suggest a possibility is your pressure plate rather than the clutch plate. Ensure your clutch pedal travel adjustment is correct. Don't just back it off indiscriminately, as you could make it worse. If all adjustments are correct (free play and especially the clutch pedal travel) a possibility is the clutch pedal travel adjuster was backed off too much (at some time) allowing excessive pressure on the clutch plate fingers (if that is the type of plate used). This can result in bending the fingers inward, the only fix being pulling it out and R and R ing the plate or replacing it. While replacement would be definitely recommended, I have renewed plates in a hydraulic press by blocking the plate and using a large bearing race against the plate fingers to slowly straighten them, applying pressure and allowing them to sit in the jig for a while. This will be considered a horrible fix by most, but it does work if you are in a fix. I patched a Kubota B1500DT using this method while waiting for the new plate to arrive, and it is still running strong after a year of hard work with a loader. The new plate is simply waiting for the original to fail.

Other possibilities could include a broken clutch plate in the spline area or a sticky clutch plate from sitting.

Tom

/ Clutch problems #5  
I second the stuck clutch. I have had several do it. There are several ways to free it. Search the Yanmar group. It was discussed there.