ISEKI TA262F

/ ISEKI TA262F #1  

PAB_OH

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
Does anyone have any info on this tractor? (Iseki TA262F). Any known problems. Parts availabilty problems? Does it cross to any Massey tractors? I was told any loader that would fit the MF 1240 would fit this.

A local yard has one and says it has power steering, shuttle shift and low hours. I'm going to test ride it Monday and thought if someone on here knew of any systemic problems with this model or series I could check those first to see if I should even look at it anymore.

I think the TA series is a lot newer than the others that are real popular (TS & TU) that is why I'm concerned about parts availabilty and whether it has a direct US model cross or not. I've been looking at the Yanmars for some time now but I haven't been able to move on one yet then this popped up the other day just up the road from me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• 814650-ISEKITA262F Front Right.jpg
    814650-ISEKITA262F Front Right.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 722
   / ISEKI TA262F
Operator area

Attachments

• 814651-IsekiTA262F Operator area.jpg
    814651-IsekiTA262F Operator area.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 393
   / ISEKI TA262F
another of some of the levers

Attachments

• 814652-ISEKITA262F Seat.jpg
    814652-ISEKITA262F Seat.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 389
   / ISEKI TA262F
one more of levers on the oter side of the seat

Attachments

• 814654-ISEKITA262F Seat2.jpg
    814654-ISEKITA262F Seat2.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 403
   / ISEKI TA262F #5  
I have had a TA262 also TA 215,TA270 and a TA 207 I now use myself. I have been dealing in greys for 5-6 years. This is my pick of the litter. It is weird about the Massey cross. There are several models 95% direct cross but non exact. I put a loader on a TA 270. I had to order body mounts from Massey off a 1250 to make it fit. So far anything I have needed , parts wise, I got from Jack's Small Engines. I have Massey and Iseki manuals and research them to figure out which one I need to get the part from. It is funny. I just got a Kubota. It is much easier to get filters etc. for my Iseki than a Kubota. If it is a solid tractor , you won't be sorry.

I attached a picture of mine. The grill is the only thing different than the one you are looking at.

Attachments

• 814967-TA207 Wide.jpg
    814967-TA207 Wide.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 744
   / ISEKI TA262F
Sorry, I have bunch of questions for you, you obvioulsy now a bit about these tractors if you have 4 of them! I apologize for the barrage....

Where did you get the R-4 tires? If I get this (or any tractor for that matter) I want R-4's on it.

Is it possible to put them on front and back? Are sizes available to keep you within the +/- 5% circumference without having to get new rims?

Also, is the trany synchronized or does it just have a shuttle?

Are you able to tell me what the levers in the pics are for? I know the one on the left side of the steering wheel is the shuttle shift but what about the two directly adjacent to the seat (one on the left, one on the right? Range & Gear?). I assume the knob directly under the seat is the 3 point lowering speed control and one of the step levers is 4WD/2WD selector and the other is the diff. lock. Then the other on the fender (left fender as you're sitting in it) is the PTO speed selector and the one on the opposite fender is the 3 point position lever? Am I close???

Also, where do you get all those tractors at? Aren't they a bit newer than 80% of the greys out there?

What years were the TA's made?

Where can I get more info or a parts/repair manual? (Where did you get yours?) Where/Who is Jacks Engine Repair???

Sorry for all the questions.

TIA!

/ ISEKI TA262F #7  
TA Isekis are very nice, repair parts are available and depending on the part they can be extremely expensive. The chassis is the basis for a lot of tractors not just Massey. Mahindra and TYM also share a large part of this design.
I'm guessing this is the TA that is on EBAY #7583585211? If it is the dealer is showing it at 35 horsepower. Not even close to the correct hp. I looked at the rest of his equipment and not one tractor horsepower rating was correct. I would be worried about buying from a dealer that is so misinformed about the product. Some dealers add 3 hp to PTO for flywheel and some add 4 but never 8 to 12.

Buck

/ ISEKI TA262F #8  
I sent you a PM. Give me a call and we can get much more info shared.

/ ISEKI TA262F
Thanks Buck. I took your advice and I'm looking at stuff a bit closer to me. I remember you said the TA's were generally a good tractor.

So what is the true HP of this model? I thought the "26" in "262" was the KW rating at the PTO? If so then that comes out to about 34.8 hp by my calcs. You know more about this stuff then me though so please let me know.

As far as parts, if I asked you to compare repair parts costs of this vs., say a Yanmar FX24D w/ power steering, what would you say? Similar, way more, less?

BTW, yes, that is the one I'm looking at (the one on eBay). I'm going up this afternoon to look at it.

/ ISEKI TA262F
kayssupply, will do. Expect a call around 9 am or so (eastern).