tu 1700 will not start

/ tu 1700 will not start #1  

smcross9

I just changed oil, filter and fuel filter. After I finished I started the engine and it ran for about a minute then acted like it was running out of fuel and died and have not been able to restart. Before this the engine has always run great with no problems. I assume it has something to do with changing the fuel filter. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem would be.

/ tu 1700 will not start #2  
You need to bleed the air out of the fuel line.

Eugene

/ tu 1700 will not start #3  
It seems bleeding the lines can be somewhat challenging on some engines. Mine bleeds well, but it seems others have struggled. If you have trouble, try this. Fully charge your battery. Fill your tank absolutely full. Open bleed screw on your filter until all bubbles disappear, close. Open the bleed screw on your pump, repeat. (Use safety glasses and gloves) Crack each of your pump lines at the injectors about 1/4 to 1/2 turn with a wrench. Have someone (with safety glasses) turn over the engine using 1/3 throttle. You will see bubbles and diesel at the injectors. When you see a steady stream of diesel being shot at an injector (no bubbles), close with wrench. (Don't over tighten). Once you tighten one or two, the engine will probably start. Try not to turn over the engine for more than about 15 seconds at a time. By the way, the safety glasses simply ensure that you don't get fuel into your eyes if you do something like lean over and take a close look at the injector when nothing seems to be coming out.