How to lube-up a Tractor?

/ How to lube-up a Tractor? #1  

Chris_in_Oz

Silver Member
Tractor
Iseki TU155 Landhope
OK, so I'm getting better at this tractor-thing. Give me a few more weeks and I might be good enough to be considered "amateur".

I want to give it a grease up but am unsure what to do.

My worry is that there is a grease nipple somewhere that is ESSENTIAL to grease and I don't know about it. This thought was sparked off when I sprayed some degreaser around the PTO shaft and uncovered a grease point at the bottom of the housing. Had never seen it before, as it was buried in crud.

I've had a (reasonable) look around but can't find many at all. I'd expected to find them on everything that moves!

Any comments/suggestions/ideas??

Cheers!

/ How to lube-up a Tractor? #2  
Chris_in_Oz said:
OK, so I'm getting better at this tractor-thing. Give me a few more weeks and I might be good enough to be considered "amateur".

I want to give it a grease up but am unsure what to do.

My worry is that there is a grease nipple somewhere that is ESSENTIAL to grease and I don't know about it. This thought was sparked off when I sprayed some degreaser around the PTO shaft and uncovered a grease point at the bottom of the housing. Had never seen it before, as it was buried in crud.

I've had a (reasonable) look around but can't find many at all. I'd expected to find them on everything that moves!

Any comments/suggestions/ideas??

Cheers!

Its easy, just look at what moves or hinges and there should/maybe a grease fitting there. Like your steering pivots and your bucket hinges etc. and other places that move. A manual for your machine would tell you lots more than I can. Remember this, if it moves, it should be greased
Jim

/ How to lube-up a Tractor?
Thanks for that - makes perfect sense. I would love a manual for my tractor but they are not available in English. I am getting bits translated by the Japanese teacher at a local school, but there is only so far he can go!

I agree with the "if it moves, lube it"

Chris

/ How to lube-up a Tractor? #4  
I have a bolens g192 Which is a ts1910 and it has the lube points on a diagram under the hood. I think I have a photo of it i would be willing to send you if you would like. just let me know

Hi RobertBrown
This would be good, as I have a similat sticker, but mine is not very clear.

I would appreciate a pic. of yours!

Cheers,
Chris.

/ How to lube-up a Tractor? #6  
Chris
here's the picture I promised. I have better but do to the size limitations this will have to do.

Attachments

• g192spec.jpg
    g192spec.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 281
Great Picture, It's just really difficult to read...
Any chance of taking a pictire of the "text" side and another of the "picture" side?
This is just like my sticker, but in English!!
Cheers,
Chris.

/ How to lube-up a Tractor? #8  
Chris,
The most missed grease points are the shafts that go through the bell housing or transmission case. These are for the clutch and brakes. Look real well on both sides for these. Also, don't miss the axle pivot. There will be a zerk in front of the axle and one behind the axle.

Thanks for all the useful comments, and to "RobertBrown" in particular for the excellent photo's!

I know they say "It's better to wear out than rust out", but I prefer to avoid BOTH as long as possible!