Still have air in the lines?

/ Still have air in the lines? #1  

Hoka Hey

I am still trying to bleed the lines in my TL 2700f. I have replaced the filter with an in line style filter. I get no air at the set screw that is located near the inlet side of the injector pump. I do, however get air at the injectors. I was told that there is another bleeder on the top of the injector pump. It is right above where the throttle linkage attaches to the inj. pump. It is a set screw (or stud as it has no hex head). It has a slot on the top of the stud, for a standard screw driver. This stud is locked down by a 10mm nut on top of a 15mm nut. Is this indeed a bleeder? I have loosened it as much as I can until it hits the cowling above it (cowling seperates the fuel tank from the valve cover). I do not get any fuel to come out around the stud. I can't seem to find a service manual for this tractor...TL 2700f. Hoye has the parts manual, but I don't think that it will help. Rainbow Dist. didn't have a book either. The guy I bought it from is willing to bring another tractor to use while he fixes this one. But, he is 500 miles away and I NEED to be able to preform the simple task of bleeding the lines for future service. What do you think?

/ Still have air in the lines?
By the way, it has a Kikki injector pump #104303-2310. Thanks again

/ Still have air in the lines?
Another update. I pulled all three glow plugs and tested them. None of them get hot. So, I am sure this is a major part of my problem. I am trying to source the glow plugs right now. Thanks again.

/ Still have air in the lines? #4  
I have a T6000, so probably quite different.

Make sure fuel gets to the pump (in my case the pump is below the tank, so gravity works fine).

Next loosen a connector (1 or 2 turns max) on the outlet of the first fuel filter. Run the motor (or hand-pump the pump, mine has a little lever I can use to hand-pump it) until fuel leaks out the joint. It is good if you can tighten up the joint while the pump is still operating (no backwards flow).

Next go to the outlet of the second fuel filter (or the injector pump inlet) and do the same. I found it critical to go through each stage and get the air out.

Then try the bleed screw of the injector pump (if obvious).

Then loosen a fuel line as it goes into an injector, and run the pump and bleed it (I just loosen the connector 1/4 of a turn - enough to leave the spanner on it and be able to tighten it up in one easy motion).

After all that, I usually get the engine to start. I don't know that glow plugs would be essential - my old backhoe doen't have any and starts fine after I have bleed it correctly.