Can blown Hydro Pump fill engine crankase?

/ Can blown Hydro Pump fill engine crankase? #1  

RayBo

I am posting this on behalf of my brother-in-law's grey market Iseki. The front loader became very slow. The hydro oil was very low so he topped it off. Hydrp performance still real slow, then oil was spraying everywhere under the hood - looks like from vented oil fill cap. Crankcase overflowing with oil!

If the seal on the pump shaft blew could it back fill the engine? That is my guess. I do not remember the tractor model, but is is a circa '80's model, 3cyl diesel. The Hydro pump is just below the injector pump.

Any help appreciated. Oh yeah, the hydro filter screen/magnet was checked - not plugged, but small "foil like" shavings.. not a lot though.

/ Can blown Hydro Pump fill engine crankase? #2  
If the hydro pump is bolted to the engine and the drive is internal it will fill the engine with oil. Larry

/ Can blown Hydro Pump fill engine crankase?
Thanks for the reply - the pump is indeed bolted to the engine.. appears that is gear driven off the crank or cam as is the injector pump.

/ Can blown Hydro Pump fill engine crankase? #4  
There are two o rings inside the pump that go bad then the pressure blocks inside loose the pressure they need to maintain the seal and the oil is pushed into the crankcase past the shaft oil seal. It can be fixed.

Buck

/ Can blown Hydro Pump fill engine crankase?
EFC said:
There are two o rings inside the pump that go bad then the pressure blocks inside loose the pressure they need to maintain the seal and the oil is pushed into the crankcase past the shaft oil seal. It can be fixed.

Buck
This is good info.. Thanks!