Broken Grease Points

/ Broken Grease Points #1  

richdeming

Hi! I broke a grease point off of my tiller yesterday....can anyone tell me a good place to order something like this online?

I also need a plug for the oil pan on my TS 1610.

Thanks, Rich Deming

/ Broken Grease Points #2  
Grease point? Do you mean a grease fitting?

/ Broken Grease Points #3  
If you mean grease fitting, then these are available at auto parts houses.

I went into an old line parts store a year ago when I needed a new grease zerk, found the one I wanted from a supply drawer (there are numerous sizes, lengths, straight, 90 degrees, 45 degrees, thread sizes, etc.) and when I went to pay they just said..oh, you only want one... just take it, not worth writing up a ticket... come see us again when you need something else.

I said thanks and do go back.

Welcome to TBN... and suggest expanding your personal information... it helps answering questions, sometimes.

/ Broken Grease Points
Yes--I guess I do mean grease fitting. Don't know where I got grease point...I'm kind of new to these pieces of equipment. I was greasing up the tiller for the first time and when I tried to pull the grease gun off the fitting, it broke off.

I'll try a parts store today. Thanks!

p.s. I'll also try to figure out how to expand personal info when I get a chance.

/ Broken Grease Points #5  
Removal of the old one will depend on how it broke and how accessable it is.
Best case, you can get a small wrench or socket on it's hex fitting and back it out of the hole. If it broke below the hex fitting and only the threads remain in the hole, likely you will need a small bolt remover to catch it and remove. Good luck!

/ Broken Grease Points #6  
If your talking about zerks, Harbor Freight sells an assortment kit for under $10.00. They have two assortments 1 standard & 1 metric.