New Owner

/ New Owner #1  

westex

I am the new owner of a TS2210 and am very happy with the tractor. I have a couple of questions. (1) Can anyone tell me what the PTO speeds are? (2) What is the voltage on the glow plugs?

Thanks, Bill

/ New Owner #2  
I'm pretty sure #1 speed is 540 rpm and #4 is 1000 rpm. The other two are in between somewhere, not for sure what though.

According to my manual, rated voltage of the glow plugs is 10.5V and rated current is 6.5A. This is for the Bolens equivalent so I ASSUME it's the same for the Iseki model since it's the same Isuzu motor. To test, disconnect the glow plug connector and measure the resistance between the glow plug terminal and body. It's normal if the measured value is 1.8 ohm. If it's zero, it's shorted and needs replaced. Good luck.

the other Bill

/ New Owner
Thanks for the information. I have been mowing with the PTO in the #1 position and thought it seemed about right. The reason for the question on the glow plugs is that the previous owner stated he had burned out the plugs and had to replace them. I was wondering if there was supposed to be a dropping resistor in the circuit. The tractor seems to have been rebuilt and shows 1194 hrs on the tach. I paid $3850 for it and a 5' box blade. May be to high but I am happy with the deal.

Bill

/ New Owner #4  
The only resistor shown in the wiring diagram is the heater signal, or "control resistor", that is the heater coil signal on the dash. It is located between the starter switch and the glow plugs, at the starter switch terminal, but no resistance value is given. The price sounds OK if the motor has indeed been rebuilt.

Bill