jd 336 baler problem

/ jd 336 baler problem #1  

bill in ny

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota m8540hdc12 jd 2305 jd 4005 jd 5055e
i'm having a problem with the kicker on my baler. quite often it will kick the bale almost straight up. the twine comes off at the same time. acts like the bale catches on something. i've tried to watch it, but i can't tell what's wrong. i just replaced the three dogs that hook into the bottom of the bale to help kick the bale. it's an older baler and there is quite alot of play in the pan itself. i'm thinking about buying a new pan next, to tighten things up a little. everything else is working good.

/ jd 336 baler problem
found the problem tonight when i was cleaning the baler. there was a bushing missing on a bolt that runs the tucker finger on the knotter. this allowed too much play in the tucker finger. then it wouldn't always tie a good knot. when it got to the kicker, the knot would come apart. if that makes sence.

/ jd 336 baler problem #4  
makes a lot of sense, mine was doing that but it was not cutting on the right side . when the bale when up it always bust to the right . I thought is would not tie . but it was not cutting on the right.

/ jd 336 baler problem
gizmo, sure is fun to bale when everything is working properly.