JD 5093E vs. Kubota M9540

/ JD 5093E vs. Kubota M9540 #1  

manitouofthehatchie

Lookingat both new. Hauling hay and clipping pasture mostly. Some light disking and harrowing. Thoughts on which and why would be appreciated. $$ is virtually identical.

/ JD 5093E vs. Kubota M9540 #2  
My vote goes to the M9540, I'm a little partial though.

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    253.5 KB · Views: 6,268
   / JD 5093E vs. Kubota M9540 #3  
To move round bales the hydraulic self leveling on the 9540 is a huge advantage in my book.

/ JD 5093E vs. Kubota M9540 #4  
From my research, it isn't even a fair comparison...Deere all the way.

Deere delivers much more weight (long-term brawn and less ballast to buy), a 12x12 transmission with a wet clutch, greater hydraulic flow, a bigger fuel tank, and PLANETARY final drives. On the engine side, the Deere has a significantly larger engine and one whose basic architecture has been in service for nearly 30 years. On top of all that you have a Deere cab...I haven't been in one that I like better.

I prefer the 563 Deere loader with mechanical self leveling due to its mechanical nature and not a hydraulic valve to do the leveling.

Drive and buy what you like, but I'd go with the John Deere between those two.

/ JD 5093E vs. Kubota M9540 #5  
If the Deere is the made in india, cab from Mexico econo model that I've been in, I'd take the Kubota. Both are up to the tasks listed.

The Kubota has less electronics on it to go wrong. Its hydraulic clutch and shuttle is not electronic like the Deere.

/ JD 5093E vs. Kubota M9540 #6  
Just bought the 5093E and are waiting for it to be delivered next week.
I checked out the Kubota online and reached out to a dealer here in the high country of Colorado but he never called me back!

We got this set up for snowplowing 3 miles of road and 4 driveways. We have a 9ft blade on the front with a Shulte snow blower on the rear.

Should be fun as we get over 350" of snow each winter.