Guess weight of Deere 30" cast wheel centers pls.

/ Guess weight of Deere 30" cast wheel centers pls. #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, KubotaL4300, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
I have a JD 5520 that I bought with 18.4-30's on the rear with cast wheel centers. I know they are heavy, maybe even real heavy, but I do not have a clue how much those cast centers actually weigh.

If anyone knows or could gurss at the weight, it would help me out with a setup issue. I searched Deere stuff with no info and even have all the original papers and owner's manuals. No luck.
Any help appreciated. Thanks.

/ Guess weight of Deere 30" cast wheel centers pls. #2  
My guess would be 200-250 lbs more than a similar steel rim. Dealer may be able to give you the exact difference.

/ Guess weight of Deere 30" cast wheel centers pls. #3  
my kubota has 18.4x28 rears with cast centers. the manual says to add 575 pounds for this option. your weights should be close to this.

/ Guess weight of Deere 30" cast wheel centers pls. #6  
Like # 7 ?

PULV101592_____UN27JUL09.gif

/ Guess weight of Deere 30" cast wheel centers pls. #8  
Like # 7 ?

PULV101592_____UN27JUL09.gif
According to the JD Parts site, the cast center pictured above, is for the 18.4 and 16.9x30 rims and weighs 110 lbs.

/ Guess weight of Deere 30" cast wheel centers pls.
According to the JD Parts site, the cast center pictured above, is for the 18.4 and 16.9x30 rims and weighs 110 lbs.

That is shocking at only 110 lbs but it looks correct. I would have guessed it to be a lot more. Kubota sure has a nice cast wheel, Thank you all for your efforts.

/ Guess weight of Deere 30" cast wheel centers pls. #10  
Sixdogs, I spent 30 yrs in the deere business and we always used the rule of thumb of that cast wheel centers were 500lbs. if you have a deere dealer close to you this info could be found in their sales manual. This manual is used to spec out a tractor. Good luck Ben