John Deere 1070

/ John Deere 1070 #1  

Simpkins85

Bronze Member
How hard would it be to put a hydraulic pump on my 1070 and where would be the best place to find a pump at ?

/ John Deere 1070
yes I need to add a pump to add outlets for my wetlines on my v rake

/ John Deere 1070 #4  
I don't think you need to add a pump, you should be able to tap into the system the tractor already has.

Should you still choose to go that route a PTO mounted unit would be the simplest route to go, but you may need to add a tank. Is this for a drive motor or to operate a cylinder to open and close the rake?

/ John Deere 1070 #5  
Does your 1070 already have a front loader ? If so, use the loader circuits to run the rake. You'll need a few JIC CUT male hydraulic connectors (TSC has them on the rack) and some hose extensions. I tapped into these for running tongue swing and header vertical control on my mower, etc ....

/ John Deere 1070
I don't have a loader on it, and I just need the hydraulics to operate my cylinder to open and close my rake. Would I still be able to tap into my system even though i do not have a loader ?

/ John Deere 1070 #7  
Yes you should be able to add remotes to the rear of the tractor. Your best bet is to go to a Deere dealer and they will be able to get you the information on it. I help a friend add some to a 850 JD several years ago. You should be able to do the same thing with the 1070.

/ John Deere 1070
ok thanks for all the help

/ John Deere 1070
I went to my local JD dealer today and they told me that it was going to be around $1500 to $2000 to get everything I need to run wetlines does this seem right or is there any other place I could get it from. Where could I tap into my hydraulic system to run my lines from?

/ John Deere 1070 #10  
The valve you will need to get through Deere most likely, the rest aftermarket will work. On my friends 850 we used snowplow fittings and hose to make the connections. You might even be able to get a drawing on Deeres web site, they have breakdowns on a lot of equipment there.