JD 6210

/ JD 6210 #1  

nickadi

Tractor
JD 6210
I just bought a 2001 6210 that the dealer said was 540 PTO only. There is a gauge for both 540 and 1000 pto. Is the shaft reversible on ALL of the newer models or just some of them? The manual shows that it is reversible by pulling out the snapring, however, it doesn't appear to have a snapring. Any thoughts?

Thank you

/ JD 6210 #2  
Probably cheaper to put guage markings for both on all units than have two separate parts and part numbers. Also would simplify the build. They would not have to have the correct guage for each build. My right hand fender console has a slot for the creeper trans, but I do not have that option.

The dealer can run the serial number and it will show factory build and show which PTO it has.

Plus since you do not see a snap ring I beleive the dealer is right, you only have 540 PTO. If you look on JDparts you will see there are other differences besides the snap ring. PTO housing is different and I think the PTO speed sensor is located in a different spot, bottom vs top.

/ JD 6210
yes, mine has the creeper slot as well, but no lever. Just curious if the dealer was mistaken. Thank you for the reply Zebrafive.

/ JD 6210 #4  
I have a deere6210 2000 model and after sitting over night i lose fuel pressure and have to bleed air out of injector line before it will start any clue how to fix this?

/ JD 6210 #5  
Replace the rubber fuel lines. There are other post with the same problem.

/ JD 6210 #6  
I have a deere6210 2000 model and after sitting over night i lose fuel pressure and have to bleed air out of injector line before it will start any clue how to fix this?

Replace the rubber/fabric fuel return line from injector pump to tank. Known issues getting small cracks causing fuel to flow back into tank.

/ JD 6210 #8  
I just bought a 2001 6210 that the dealer said was 540 PTO only. There is a gauge for both 540 and 1000 pto. Is the shaft reversible on ALL of the newer models or just some of them? The manual shows that it is reversible by pulling out the snapring, however, it doesn't appear to have a snapring. Any thoughts?

Thank you

As far as I know, my 6210 doesn't have a 1000 RPM option. Although, I've never really looked that hard since everything I own is 540.