HX rotary mower series?

/ HX rotary mower series? #1  

AKfish

Tractor
JD 5115M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R
Can't say that I've ever even looked at a HX mower on a dealer's lot or ever known anybody that's owned one...

I've looked over the Frontier lineup, the LX series, the MX series and the O9 series.

What's the distinction of the HX series versus the other lines - besides the larger deck widths?

Appreciate any comments and opinions.

AKfish

/ HX rotary mower series? #2  
I have an HX15 batwing. It is a very good mower. Is super tough, double decked for strength and stout gearboxes. We have had it for 9 years and it has performed very well. It has taken a beating.

/ HX rotary mower series?
I have an HX15 batwing. It is a very good mower. Is super tough, double decked for strength and stout gearboxes. We have had it for 9 years and it has performed very well. It has taken a beating.

Thanks, JD3520Turbo. What tractor are you using on the HX-15?

AKfish

/ HX rotary mower series? #4  
The HX series is just a lot more heavy duty than the other lines. We have a 1008 JD bush hog that much older version of the HX10, spec wise. It's built really heavy for tough cutting in brush up to 4" diameter. Side skirts are 1/4" thick, deck is almost that thick as well. Big gear boxes, I think the main box can handle upwards of 150hp. Basically the HX10, etc are the larger versions of the 609 and 709 as far as capacity and durability go.

/ HX rotary mower series? #5  
I am using my 5083E Limited on it. It does a really good job. No problem swinging. My JD dealer promised me when I bought the tractor, that it would swing it, and he was right. He said the book shows that cutter needing minimum 55 pto hp to run it.