5085M

/ 5085M #1  

veggiefarmer

Tractor
2009 massey 1643
Just want to let you all know that we run these tractors with mowers, flail, brush hog and mcconnel over the guard rail mowers for the highway department. The other day tractor stopped moving and pto stopped working, felt like something dropped out, come to find out from dealer as these are still under warranty about two hundred hours on tractor the mid shaft in the transmission breaks. They said they have already fixed about 15 with this problem. Also said this happens when you drive with the pto engaged?? thought that was a strange comment..My personal tractor is a massey 1643 no problems so far.

/ 5085M #3  
There are several different transmission options available in the 5000M series. Wondering what particular transmission you're using with the Highway Dept.?

Thanks.

AKfish

/ 5085M
The transmission that we use is the 16F-16R powrReverser 540/540e

/ 5085M #5  
I never had a problem for mine with this. I have almost 400 hours on my machine.

/ 5085M #6  
Hmmm... That's the transmission I've got in my 5075M. 72 hours and the only real hard work has been running off the PTO. Raking, tedding, baling hay. And working a 2,000lb Meri-Crusher. Not a hiccup.

Highway Dept. up here uses AgCo machines -- the very few that I've ever seen -- most roadside brush work is with Hydro Axe machines. The AgCo tractor's look to be around 125hp. About same size as 6000 JD series.

Are you guys using the ePTO with the side-cutters and the other mowing implements?

AKfish

/ 5085M #7  
Veggiefarmer,
THanks for the heads-up. No issues with mine, at least not yet. I have well over 200 hours on the clock. And, unlike AKfish, mine has worked hard. :D Plowed 60 acres last fall, and again this spring, with a 8-bottom rennovator (sub-soiler) plow. Last winter, loaded 62 tons of ag lime onto a spreader truck. I'm currently building another barn, and I'm getting the dirt from an area below my pond. Should finish loading the dumptruck this morning. Approximately 200 yards.