5320 -Lighting problem

/ 5320 -Lighting problem #1  

bradshaw

Tractor
john deere 5320
All of the lights on my tractor have stoped working, including dash lighing. I don't apprear to have power coming to the light switch. I have checked all of the fuses, all looked good. Does anyone have a wiring diagram so I can trace the power back? Or send link where I can purchase one.

Thanks for your help,

/ 5320 -Lighting problem
Looks like it is a loose wire. It has worked on and off several times since I posted the problem.

/ 5320 -Lighting problem #3  
I believe my 5210 wiring is close to, if not the same for a 5320, if yours is the straddle mount.

When you say lights is it all the lights, flasher, work light, high and low head lights? On my 5210 the instrument lights would work some times and sometimes not. I replaced the diode pack RE262484. This is used for the instrument and low beams. If your tractor is the straddle mount, look at this post for the wiring diagram for a 5210. //www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-owning-operating/223290-need-wiring-diagram-5420-a.html

John Deere - Parts Catalog

/ 5320 -Lighting problem #4  
Bradshaw - based on your second message you may be on to something.

When you mention all of the light functions that are affected, it sounds like it could be in the switch. I say that because there are separate fuses for at least 2 if not 3 of the lights that you mention so to have multiple similar issues is less likely the case.

I would begin to trouble shoot with a tester to the fuse panel at each light fuse plug. Pull the fuse and make sure you have juice coming in. Then you can begin to move forward in the process. Next, I would go to the switch assembly and test each function of the switch, then you can go beyond there.

I think you will find it shortly. Electrical is one of the hardest problems to solve, especially if it is inconsistent.

Good luck, let us know what you find and how you solved it.

/ 5320 -Lighting problem #5  
i have lighting problems. no dash /no turn /no flashers /and nosignal.have ck.fuses and grounds.anybody have suggestions.i would be grateful for some help.

/ 5320 -Lighting problem #6  
Please read my earlier thread. I included another wiring diagram, you are going to have to determine if this matches your 5320 model. Your problem could be in the diode pack RE262484 as that is common between the dash lights and the flasher/turn signal. I had a problem that my dash lights would work part of the time once I replaced the diode the problem went away.

The turn signal and flasher is the same unit.

Attachments

• 5210wiring.jpg
    5210wiring.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 17,082
   / 5320 -Lighting problem #7  
I have a problem where the blinkers go on when the switch is off I took off the dash checked everything out put back together no problem for a day then it started doing it again. Could this be the diode