shaft seal leaking, replacement doesn't look right

/ shaft seal leaking, replacement doesn't look right #11  
You may have to pull the rockshaft cover. But first try different positions on your load selector lever (has positions D, LD & L)
Parts 14 & 16 transmit the load on the lower draft links to the rockshaft valve. It flexes under load. (The Load Control Shaft)

When I replaced the seals on my 2030 I only pushed the Load Control Shaft in far enough to replace the seal on one side and then pushed it back out from the other side.

/ shaft seal leaking, replacement doesn't look right #12  
I know this is an old thread but I'm at the point of placing buckets under my lift arms beneath the bushings on the load control shaft that runs thru the case to catch the drips of hydraulic oil.As long as I just slide the shaft to the left and right just enough to get the new o-rings and teflon sealing washers in ,it should be an easy fix.Slide it just enough to get the new seals in.I don't want to go through the trouble that FinJD went thru to do this.I was mainly just wanting to know if it could be done by just sliding the shaft just enough to get the o-rings and teflon washer in without taking the shaft all the way out.
I wonder how FinJD come out on his fix?