J.D. 6410 WONT STAY RUNNING

/ J.D. 6410 WONT STAY RUNNING #1  

Tractor
John Deere 6410
I have a 2000 model John Deere 6410 that will start but will nat stay running, it may take up to 4 or 5 time of starting for it to keep running. any thoughts

/ J.D. 6410 WONT STAY RUNNING #2  
Sounds as if fuel is leaking back to tank while tractor is not in operation. The fuel line hoses have a history of cracking and allowing the drain back. Check your fuel filter for air being present.

/ J.D. 6410 WONT STAY RUNNING #3  
I run one that does this as well not all the time but on an occasion when you first fire it up it will run for two or three seconds then shut down and will then be hard to start for a few minutes I know there are leaks on either side of the injection pump so I would deff say that it's a fuel leak somewhere causing your problem

/ J.D. 6410 WONT STAY RUNNING #4  
As others said probably a fuel leak or a bad check valve allowing it to leak back. I had to replace the line on a 6605 last years same issue. When i replaced the line they added an inline check valve to prevent fuel from flowing back to the tank.

/ J.D. 6410 WONT STAY RUNNING
Thank you all for your responses, the fuel line was my suspision from the begining. although i hadnt thought of a check valve.

/ J.D. 6410 WONT STAY RUNNING #6  
Did you get your piece figured out!? Thanx.

yes i beleive i have had my question answered than you.

/ J.D. 6410 WONT STAY RUNNING #8  
So,what did you do to fix it? Thanx!

nothing yet i intend to open it up replace rubber fuel lines

/ J.D. 6410 WONT STAY RUNNING #10  
Ok ! just keep us posted would you please? When I get our lovely piece going again,it needs the same. JD put a check valve in our 6400. He said our 6410 would already have one? Ours starts fine if ran weekly. After sitting,it cranks too long and of course dies,,usually if I blip the throttle open towards wide open it will stay running. Nothing like prematurely wearing out pistons and crank to keep it running! If it does die,there isn't enough battery to get it going without waiting. Is it just me? Did JD really fall off the cliff with all of this computer crap? Well,I KNOW my answer. We had 15 years of FAILPROOF,BULLETPROOF service from them until all this electronic stuff.. 40-50 and 55 series. Thanx again!