JD 6410,238 hrs,power reverser not working

/ JD 6410,238 hrs,power reverser not working
Lost My Dad. Buried him on our Farm. This pos still sits here collecting dust. I wanted to spend every second with him I could. Our 3255,which has been a miraculous tractor. Has NO downpressure on the 3 pt. Never has! So,,here we were,grave dug,My Dad waiting to be buried. $125,000 worth of Green here,,no way to cover his grave.. Anyhow,I need to get back to this. My Mom is dying,and I would like to be able to cover her in less than 2 hours..I have a new battery to install,and MAybe somehow,I can squeeze in a few minutes to look at this this weekend. Thanx again Zebra and 110 for trying your very best to help me. The col times I went down this summer to troubleshoot,,the battery was dead..

/ JD 6410,238 hrs,power reverser not working #22  
did you ever find the problem?

I have not. Mom is still hanging on. Life is a funny thing lol. I WILL be working on this Tuesday,and surely back on here begging for info from the powers that be. I have a brand new battery and hope to get under her with the ohm meter and have at it. I assume you have the same thing going on Gagator? I am just absolutely speechless SICK with this ,,,,,,,thing. Takes up space in the shed nice though...

/ JD 6410,238 hrs,power reverser not working #24  
Sorry for your loss :(
Maybe the new battery will make the electronics happy and it will work like it should. My 6415 does strange things when the battery is low. A turn signal constantly blinks.
Did you get tech manuals?
Good luck with the repairs.
If you need the room in the shed kick it up to MI :D I'll adopt it ;)

Zebra,I cannot possibly Thank you enough for your help. I can't . I'm sure a battery won't help lol. But,it has been a year lol. So , I'm starting fresh with the biggest brick I can stuff in there. ANOTHER problem from the get go,too weak cranking power lol. I can't imagine a JD at your place with a problem! Hopefully truly reporting back here Tuesday !

/ JD 6410,238 hrs,power reverser not working #26  
Finished diagnosing our 6310 today, turned out being the neutral power reverser solenoid. I was able to pull codes one of which pointed me in that direction, and after only a few mins with a multi tester i had the culprit. The forward and reverse solenoids both tested 10.75 on the ohm meter while the other read 75.00. after finding this i switched the neutral and reverse solenoid and was able to drive forward. $250 later I was back in business. my only worry at the moment is that i may have jinxed myself with early celebration as i have not tested it significantly. atc007 I hope your family situation improves, your time with them is more important than with any tractor. And thank you all for the good info here, it def saved me some sweat.

Well,That is refreshing to hear gatorguy !! I have a hunch that is where I will be finding my problem also. Reverse solenoid. And yes,this is an AMZING site with the knowledge here! And YES,no tractor,,,especially THIS ONE lol,,is worth time spent away from a dying loved one. Big surprise here. Today doesn't look like I will be getting anywhere near mine again : ((

Just wanted to update this, as the POS is once again under power and moving! I am a dumass,so,it was a relay. The DAY it happened ,within minutes of the problem. I had ,,I THOUGHT,, pulled all of the relays with the same # and exchanged them. Well,, I Missed one,as life goes. So ,it has sat here for over 2 years collecting dust over a stinking relay. Now,,to make me feel a little less dumb. I had Maple Mountain Equipment from Mansfield PA over last August. After an hour of troubleshooting. They ordered an enabler valve/solenoid/gaskets. Fired them. Cazenovia equipment came in,troubleshot until he was dropping F bombs . Switched all the solenoids around,,because of course,,even with the VIN # of the tractor,, Deere had sent them all wrong replacement solenoids 3 hours down the road to me. Anyhow,, he finally started at the beginning where he SHOULD have . And immediately found the relay was bad. Since new ,this pos has had no park. He tore in and tightened the bolt. That's fixed :) It has also NEVER had AC. The compressor was never plugged in...Tech said it's the 1st thing in the setup book to do. Dealer had missed it. Anyhow,, Thank you dearly to all who tried to help. I very much appreciate you taking the time to try and help everyone!! So,,, This is why I couldn't get any codes,,,,because there weren't any... Thanx again all!

/ JD 6410,238 hrs,power reverser not working #29  
Thanks for the update.
You would have really felt stupid if you sold it cheap and the new owner fixed it with a relay.

Lol,,no,,selling it actually never crossed my mind. I KNEW it was a simple fix. that I never doubted. And although I am furious with myself I missed that one stinkin relay. It was slightly reaffirming to watch TWO JD techs fumble and bumble. ALL inexcusable,including me.. Oh well! Live and learn,it's fixed,,,for the time being. Time to move on! Thanx again Zebra.