John deere 3020 maintnance

/ John deere 3020 maintnance #1  

JaredWardall

Tractor
John Deere 3020
Hi, I have a 1969 3020 diesel with the synchro transmission. I am wondering what maintenance I should do if I recently bought it from a private owner and he didn't know what he did to our or didn't do to it. I would assume hydraulic fluid and filter. Engine oil and filter. Fuel filter. Is there anything else I am missing. Maybe flush the radiator???

Any help or info would be great!!

Thanks!

/ John deere 3020 maintnance #2  
Either test the coolant with a test kit for PH or replace coolant. You certainly don't want any holes in the piston liners. Also while you have hyd oil drained check sump screen for cleanliness.

/ John deere 3020 maintnance
Thanks, where would that be located?

/ John deere 3020 maintnance #4  
Thanks, where would that be located?

Not sure on the 3020, but many were behind a plug on the lower left front of the trans. On my tractor I think it took a 1/2 drive ratchet to loosen it. Lower left if you were sitting in the seat.

Air fliter/oil breather would also need to be changed.

Note, if you do not change the coolant, or don't use a diesel coolant (like Deere cool guard) I would get a product from Deere. I don't remember the name but it is for anti-cavitation. In a diesel the liners will get, as already noted, pin holes from coolant, this help prevent it.

Also blow out the cooling fins on any coolers, this would be radiator and trans coolers.

/ John deere 3020 maintnance #5  
As stated sump screen is located on LH side between hyd filter and final drive housing.

/ John deere 3020 maintnance #6  
Operator and service manuals wholesale from Deere at 1-800-522-7448. Parts book is on the JD web site. Walk on past the I&T booklets unless you need a protective wrapper to keep grease & dirt off the JD manual.

/ John deere 3020 maintnance
Thanks for the info guys! I appreciate it.