3 Cylinder Gas Industrial - Weak Hydraulics

/ 3 Cylinder Gas Industrial - Weak Hydraulics #1  

deerfarmer239

Tractor
Ford
New member to the community!
Weak hydraulics on a John Deere 3 cylinder industrial gas tractor.
Part of the tag shows it as a NT4P maybe?????
I can't find the correct model # to investigate the problem.
Tractor is good for bush hogging and has a small loader bucket on it.

Any help with ID of the model or hydraulics would be helpful...

Last edited:
   / 3 Cylinder Gas Industrial - Weak Hydraulics #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ 3 Cylinder Gas Industrial - Weak Hydraulics #4  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the John Deere Ag Tractors Forum.

/ 3 Cylinder Gas Industrial - Weak Hydraulics #5  
More than likely the model # is 1020 or 300 if it's a industrial model. How long since the hyd filter was changed and sump screen cleaned??

/ 3 Cylinder Gas Industrial - Weak Hydraulics
Not sure on the filter or sump. Assisting a friend with the tractor. I will ask him. Did find out that it is a John Deere 301 Industrial. Appears the 3 point is weak and sometimes won't work. When the loader is attached to the front he has to fuss with the controls to make it work. I suspect from what has been said that the sump and screen are dirty and a good place to start.

Thanks to all who have assisted!

/ 3 Cylinder Gas Industrial - Weak Hydraulics #7  
With 3pt raised,engine running,look inside hyd oil filler hole for spraying oil which indicates leaking o-rings on 3pt control vales which adversely affects the operation of other hyd functions.

/ 3 Cylinder Gas Industrial - Weak Hydraulics #8  
What kind of loader control valves? If the valves are open center , closed center with a blown seal or equipped with a relief valve set below 2300psi. The hydraulics will never work properly.

/ 3 Cylinder Gas Industrial - Weak Hydraulics
Thanks to all who have offered advice. I had to stay on a job out of country, so I have not been able to follow up as closely with the forum or the repair as I wanted. Now that I am home I hope to be able to assist my friend with the problem at hand. It will have to be a weekend trip though, as we are some distance apart.
From what we are told the system in closed center hydraulics.
Thanks again and I will keep posting as to what we find.

/ 3 Cylinder Gas Industrial - Weak Hydraulics #10  
T
From what we are told the system in closed center hydraulics.

Yes the hyd's are closed-center. Depending on yr model the power steering could be open center supplied by a hyd pump bolted to RH frt of engine.