John Deere 5510N tractor brake problems

/ John Deere 5510N tractor brake problems #1  

RogerMartin

Tractor
John Deere 5510N
Could someone let me know how I can find a service bulletin on the brakes of a John Deere 5510N tractor please? Also, has anyone had any issues with the brakes of this model? Any information would be helpful. Thanks

/ John Deere 5510N tractor brake problems #2  
I can't help you with any service issues or bulletins but I have never had any issues with the 5410N I was using. It was a very reliable tractor, a little light in the rear for pulling the gondola but other then that it did great.

What problems are you having with the brakes?

/ John Deere 5510N tractor brake problems
Thanks Robert. On an incline, with the handbrake off & in neutral, the tractor will not move. Formally, in this situation, the tractor would have moved. It feels as though the brakes are engaged, without my using the pedal. Regards Roger

/ John Deere 5510N tractor brake problems #4  
Ok, so your thinking the brakes are not releasing fully? I wonder if there is an adjustment on them? I don't own the 5410N, its my friends and I use it to help him out during harvest. I spend around 100 hours in it each of the last few harvests and never had a problem so never really had to tinker with it to even begin to be able to advise you. Hopefully one of the John Deere techs/dealers on here will be able to chime in and provide you with a solution or at least a direction to look.

/ John Deere 5510N tractor brake problems #5  
My neighbor has an older model(I think it's a 5410) that the brakes were dragging similar to yours and he had to R&R final drives to replace some weak brake pull-off springs(parts key #1). AL181919 springs fit both model tractors

Attachments

• LVP942_________UN29MAY97.gif
    LVP942_________UN29MAY97.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 1,100