jd 820 fuel system

/ jd 820 fuel system #1  

veto56

Tractor
john deere 720-1030-honda 4x4,ezgo
Good mornin Y;ll i have a quick question Can across a jd 820 and trying to start I put all new filters,gasktes,etc drained fuel systemm .bleed system all the way to injector pump.Now do I need to bleed fuel line at injectors?hope some one can help.thanks!!

/ jd 820 fuel system #2  
Good mornin Y;ll i have a quick question Can across a jd 820 and trying to start I put all new filters,gasktes,etc drained fuel systemm .bleed system all the way to injector pump.Now do I need to bleed fuel line at injectors?hope some one can help.thanks!!

Yes you need to bleed the entire system to and including the injectors.

/ jd 820 fuel system #3  
I assume that getting here late you have already bleed the lines. How did it go for you?

/ jd 820 fuel system #4  
Two cylinder or three cylinder ?

/ jd 820 fuel system #6  
ty thought i had to, but wasn't sure.

"thought it had two", is this what you intended?

Two cylinder 1957-1958 tractor? Or the three cylinder 1968-1973 model?
Do you have the operator's manual that shows where and how to prime & bleed the system? A could of sentences hear pales in comparison to the multiple pages of instruction and illustrations in the JD manuals.
Don't waste your time with the I&T manuals either. They are a joke that contain just enough into to get one's self into trouble.
1-800-522-7448 if some slob lost the manual.

/ jd 820 fuel system
Ah thankyou!just got manual from all state ag its a 3cyl .its a 1973 found in a barn on land i bought to add to mine.It was under bales of hay.Don't know how long it was there,and the land owner past away.Its been there a long time as we had to cut down trees,20 footers to get tractor out.

/ jd 820 fuel system #8  
Ah thankyou!just got manual from all state ag its a 3cyl .its a 1973 found in a barn on land i bought to add to mine.It was under bales of hay.Don't know how long it was there,and the land owner past away.Its been there a long time as we had to cut down trees,20 footers to get tractor out.

Curious where you are with the project, have you tried to start it yet?

/ jd 820 fuel system #9  
Good find. The little 820 was a decent utility tractor but useD open center hydraulics so caution if adding valves. I do wonder however what an Ag college tractor manual is and how it compares to the Deere manual. Check the clutch, it maybe stuck with rust.

/ jd 820 fuel system
Good find. The little 820 was a decent utility tractor but useD open center hydraulics so caution if adding valves. I do wonder however what an Ag college tractor manual is and how it compares to the Deere manual. Check the clutch, it maybe stuck with rust.
I changed all the fluids and everything works.:thumbsup: