John deere 6400

/ John deere 6400 #1  

Txharvester

Tractor
John Deere 6400
I have noticed a constant whining noise coming from the right side of my tractor. It doesn't seem affected by pto or raising or lowering the hydraulics. Anyone have any ideas?

/ John deere 6400 #2  
i'll take a guess .fan clutch ,tensioner or water pump.

/ John deere 6400
The noise really seems to come from the console area where all the controls are.

/ John deere 6400 #4  
I have a 6400. Make sure your remote valve control levers are in the neutral position, if left in either the up or down position I know it'll make some noise.

/ John deere 6400 #5  
I have noticed a constant whining noise coming from the right side of my tractor. It doesn't seem affected by pto or raising or lowering the hydraulics. Anyone have any ideas?

Probably hear it on the other side too ...it's called a JD engine ..:)

/ John deere 6400
Jesse that is what the noise sounds like. Or the sound it makes if it is run it low on hydraulic fluid, but the lever Is neutral and fluid is full.

/ John deere 6400 #7  
Probably hear it on the other side too ...it's called a JD engine ..:)

JD engines sound better than the rattling Ford engines that sound similar to bad piston rod brgs or piston slap such as a Ford 3000 diesel

/ John deere 6400 #8  
JD engines sound better than the rattling Ford engines that sound similar to bad piston rod brgs or piston slap such as a Ford 3000 diesel

Did'nt intend replying to this as it was a joke,but how the **** does a 6400 compare to a 3000 ...put the 6400 next to a 7740 and you have a fight :)

/ John deere 6400 #9  
Correct me if I'm wrong. No hp of the engine was mentioned in your original comment about JD engines. A 3000 Diesel Ford does have a rattling Ford engine doesn't it?