2012 5105M

/ 2012 5105M #1  

Tul01

Gold Member
Tractor
2015 John Deere 5115M, 1928 and 1945 hand start John Deere D's,
Just wanted to update on our 5105M. About 60hrs so far, very impressed overall. One problem that will need adjusting is it pops out of 540 economy pto. Regular speed is fine. Not overly concerned, will get it adjusted correctly it has to go back to get the creeper installed. We weren't sure if we needed it when we ordered it and prepared for the possibility of adding it later. Some of the changes I have done so far include moving the interior mirror down to the right front pillar to give a better view behind when on the road, versus using it to look at the attachment. Added a rain cap to the exhaust, I love the nostalgia of it. Made up some mud flaps. Moved the bracket for the tool box over to right side of loader frame(goes upside down) but now allows jerry cans, other wise would have had to use a hose to fuel up. Have since added the john deere rear wiper kit, very good instructions.

Looking forward to trying it with the 4 bottom plow we picked up. Have to wait for drier weather. Enough rain for standing water everywhere. Just waiting for the mosquito invasion now.:(

Brent

Attachments

• mirror.JPG
    mirror.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 558
  • mud flap.JPG
    mud flap.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 837
  • newstack.JPG
    newstack.JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 590
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 445
   / 2012 5105M
Sorry apparently all the photos turned sideways. I have no idea why. Perhaps because I made them smaller?

/ 2012 5105M #3  
Well... even sideways - I like lookin' at JD pictures! :thumbsup: You've been busy - tryin' this a little different and then addin' that - to your 105M.

Gives me somethin' to think about... (that inside cab mirror - is almost a waste of time.) Mounted like you've done gives it some function!

AKfish

/ 2012 5105M #4  
Welcome to the 5105M family. I too agree about the mirror issue.
The only issue I have had so far is I had one of the loader hydraulic fittings start leaking. Tightened that up.
I have a fuel leak on the hose clamp at the bottom of the fuel tank. Haven't took time to tighten that up yet.
I will make appointment tomorrow for 100 hr service.

I'm trying to find a seat cover but can't found anything I like. Still have the orginal plastic cover on. Does anyone else have any suggestions for a nice, well fitted seat cover?

Any suggestions on how to chain down the tractor on the trailer without scratching off the paint on the axles?

/ 2012 5105M #5  
. . . Some of the changes I have done so far include moving the interior mirror down to the right front pillar to give a better view behind when on the road, versus using it to look at the attachment. Added a rain cap to the exhaust, I love the nostalgia of it. Made up some mud flaps. Moved the bracket for the tool box over to right side of loader frame(goes upside down) but now allows jerry cans, other wise would have had to use a hose to fuel up. Have since added the john deere rear wiper kit, very good instructions. . .

Brent,
Nice job on the "improvements" to your M.
Like you, I like the flapper on the exhaust. I've actually thought about it myself.
Good idea on the mirror, although I can't do that on mine. That's where the monitor mounts for my hay baler.
Never thought about the tool box, but I have a bulk fuel tank and pump here.

My M has nearly 300 hours on it with only one warranty issue. The left side hydraulic cylinder on the 3pt hitch had leaked since new. My dealer sent a mechanic and a new cylinder out to my place and changed it. He also did the parking lever recall/update. (on the earlier models) That's it. No other issues.

I think you're gonna like it. :thumbsup:

/ 2012 5105M #6  
. . . I'm trying to find a seat cover but can't found anything I like. Still have the orginal plastic cover on. Does anyone else have any suggestions for a nice, well fitted seat cover?

Any suggestions on how to chain down the tractor on the trailer without scratching off the paint on the axles?

If you find a good seat cover, let us know. Mine still has the plastic on it too. :eek:

Roll the bucket all the way back and put one chain across it.
Put your other chain over the drawbar.

/ 2012 5105M #7  
Welcome to the 5105M family. I too agree about the mirror issue.
The only issue I have had so far is I had one of the loader hydraulic fittings start leaking. Tightened that up.
I have a fuel leak on the hose clamp at the bottom of the fuel tank. Haven't took time to tighten that up yet.
I will make appointment tomorrow for 100 hr service.

I'm trying to find a seat cover but can't found anything I like. Still have the orginal plastic cover on. Does anyone else have any suggestions for a nice, well fitted seat cover?

I had a fuel leak, too. A minute or two with a screwdriver on the hose clamp solved that.

Still have the plastic on my seat too. 160 hours now. I'm gonna try that fitted yellow JD seat cover for large seats. Have it on my 110TLB seat and it's workin' just fine - even flippin' the seat back and forth with the backhoe.

I had a small hyd leak on the top of the transaxle where the main hyd line routes back to the rear SCV's. Dealer is gonna fix it this fall - after the haying season... :thumbsup:

Like Bigfoot - I chain mine up and over the drawbar - between the drawbar housing. And I use the center pin on the front weight bracket to chain the front down. I've rubbed the paint off of the weight bracket; but that's better than gouging the front axle - IMO.

AKfish

/ 2012 5105M #8  
I hook my front hooks into these slots:

fronthookpoints.jpg

And my rear hooks behind the draw bar frame at these points.

rearhookpoints.jpg

I'm still using the same straps from when I had a CUT. Probably time to get some chains and binders. :D

/ 2012 5105M #9  
I hook my front hooks into these slots:

fronthookpoints.jpg

And my rear hooks behind the draw bar frame at these points.

rearhookpoints.jpg

I'm still using the same straps from when I had a CUT. Probably time to get some chains and binders. :D

Hmm... never looked up there before!! :D Have to check that out. That's basically the same location that I chain the rear up, too. Although, I use just one 20' 6,500lb chain and binder.

Did you happen to stop off at the weigh station before you came home with your tractor...?

Probably would have had to duct tape over the manufacturer's VIN plate!! :laughing: I'd bet you were at least a 1,000lbs over the trailer limit...

AKfish

/ 2012 5105M #10  

At the rear use the drawbar. Front pin in starter weight if you have one. Other thoughts, firehose or carpet scraps between you chain and axle.
If your loader torque tube is hollow side a chain thru it.

I've been told any implement, including a loader must ALSO be secured.