My new toy! Shiny JD 328 Baler

/ My new toy! Shiny JD 328 Baler #21  
Looked back and saw you had a 5045 not a 5205. Should still handle a 265 disc mower. Might want front weights if you don't have a FEL. Ran mine on a 2040 (40hp)
Always check with you dealer though.

/ My new toy! Shiny JD 328 Baler
Thanks Birddog0304!

I have a loader and loaded tires. Don't need a huge mower, most of my haying is on small fields of 5-12 acres. Very small operation.

Jim

Those are cool... but probably no basket or accumulator for a while. Need a cutter bad....

/ My new toy! Shiny JD 328 Baler #25  
   / My new toy! Shiny JD 328 Baler #26  
Blueriver is correct. I'd like to have a grapple/accumulator myself. Just can't afford or justify with only 600-700 square bales per year.
Still would think about a bigger mower though. Those green machines look awful good together, lol.

Oh yeah! Love to have one of those! Cannot afford one right now though. Gotta recover from the baler. Going to poboy the cutter for now...LOL! Probably get an old sicklebar or a small drum for now...

Baled our first this weekend! Don't have any baling pics, but here's my favorite farmhand on the old Jubilee with the rake... the baler works great! I adjusted the slip clutch, greased her up and ran about 50 bales from my little back pasture. A few bananas, but once I got it adjusted it works like a champ. The 5045D handles it real nice. Would not want anything smaller, that's for sure...

Attachments

• 2012-09-23_17-36-18_705_zps536d7187.jpg
    2012-09-23_17-36-18_705_zps536d7187.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 138
   / My new toy! Shiny JD 328 Baler #29  
Good to have help, mine won't drive the tractor but she'll help me get the bales in the barn. Let me say, just in case she would see this, I am thankful. :)
I'm envious of that 328. What did you do to correct your banana bales or should I ask what was not correct? You using sisslle or nylon?
Keep an eye out for a disk mower. Lots of advantages, one of my favorites is being able to cut when ya get home late and this time of year it's getting dark as well as it's damp.

It was my windrows... they were not real consistent. I now have my technique down and am getting better at it. The last 25 bales were good. Also the baler is brand new and I was told by the salesperson that it would take some break in time before the bales got unifom. But this just for my use so I am not too picky about them to start with...