Noobie just ordered a 5075e mfwd w/fel and mx6 rotary cutter! Couple of ?s

/ Noobie just ordered a 5075e mfwd w/fel and mx6 rotary cutter! Couple of ?s #1  

Fred dee

:dance1: very excited! I'll be using it to bush-hog about 17 acres this year and eventually i'll be rolling my own hay. I will also be maintaining about 2000' of gravel driveway, planting an acre or so of garden ect... Should I have the tires filled at dealer before delivery? Anything else I should have done before delivery? Any advice would be helpful.. When I say I am a "noobie" I mean it! Lol

/ Noobie just ordered a 5075e mfwd w/fel and mx6 rotary cutter! Couple of ?s #2  
Purchased the same tractor but with a mx7 a little over a year ago, it's been perfect!!! Great size for everything I have done! I did get my tires filled and also just recently got the John Deere quick hitch because it is very difficult to switch quickly between the cutter and a box blade, most cutters are not as heavy as the jd's. With most cutters you can use a bar and scoot them to line them up but with the Deere ones they are 1500 or 1800lbs and it's very hard to move them even a little. Now I can switch implements in less than 5 min. I also got the fel and it will pick up anything, I have about 30 acres that hasn't been maintained for about 15 yrs and I have cleared about 5 to 7 acres with this tractor and it does a great job!!!

/ Noobie just ordered a 5075e mfwd w/fel and mx6 rotary cutter! Couple of ?s #3  
Bucket hooks!
Fill the tires, I would want rimGuard.

/ Noobie just ordered a 5075e mfwd w/fel and mx6 rotary cutter! Couple of ?s
Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna call my dealer in the morning and see if he can do the rim guard for me there. Any idea what I can expect to pay per rear tire? I don't think I'll need to do the front tires with the weight of the fel. and all.How would those bucket hooks attach? are those something I can just pick-up and bolt on myself, or is there drilling and welding involved? if that is the case I'd rather let them do that, it's to new for me to be drilling or burning on. Khiggens, it sounds like your getting it done! Glad to here your so impressed with the 5075, sounds like you're making it earn it's keep! I can't wait to get mine home... I am on 40 acres, about half woods with a few of that bottom or swampy acres and the other half pasture. I've bought the place 15 months ago and have been cutting it with a z445 mower about every 2 weeks so it wouldn't get away from me, yes really! 280 hours in just over a year. Then my father in law gave me his old 8n and I let the grass grow in anticipation of getting that running... I've realized though that tinkering with an old tractor is great fun, as a hobby. but needing to get some work done,I did what any sensible man would do, i went to the JDDealer! Filled out the POS agreement yesterday morning.They had to get my tractor from homestead fl. Shipped to central ga. And at 8:30 am today, my dealer called and said the tractor was rolling thru Tifton ga and would be there in a couple of hours :) hopefully the fel will show up tomorrow and they can deliver it. The grass is getting awful long, but I don't figure the 5075 mind too much.

/ Noobie just ordered a 5075e mfwd w/fel and mx6 rotary cutter! Couple of ?s #5  
   / Noobie just ordered a 5075e mfwd w/fel and mx6 rotary cutter! Couple of ?s #6  
Congratulations on the new tractor I would think the 5075E is quite a step up from a z445.

/ Noobie just ordered a 5075e mfwd w/fel and mx6 rotary cutter! Couple of ?s #7  
One more vote for filled rear tires and 5/16" bucket hooks. I recommend three hooks. One in center and one on front of each lift arm. Had dealer weld mine on when picking up. Ordered hooks from AWDirect.