Starting Problem on 6210

/ Starting Problem on 6210 #1  

Believer

Silver Member
My 6210 will start on just a couple turns but will stop after about three seconds. Then it has to crank and crank before it will start again. Up until recently, after it started the second time it would keep running. But now it dies again and takes another round of cranking to get it to fire again. It must not be getting fuel, correct? Can anyone point me in a direction to troubleshoot? Thanks.

/ Starting Problem on 6210 #2  
Rubber fuel lines are always suspect these days, they dont make like they used too. mite just replace too be sure

/ Starting Problem on 6210 #3  
I agree as it sounds as if fuel is draining back to the tank.

/ Starting Problem on 6210 #4  
change all rubber fuel line. install check valve between fillter and tank. make sure all steel lines are tite. its a common problem with jd

/ Starting Problem on 6210 #5  
Re: Starting Problem on 6210, now my 6310

My 6210 will start on just a couple turns but will stop after about three seconds. Then it has to crank and crank before it will start again. Up until recently, after it started the second time it would keep running. But now it dies again and takes another round of cranking to get it to fire again. It must not be getting fuel, correct? Can anyone point me in a direction to troubleshoot? Thanks.

JD 6310 with exact same problem. Let sit overnight, then crank next morning, starts promptly, dies after 2 seconds, then continue to crank for 20 seconds to resart and run normally. No visible signs of leakage from fuel lines.

What was the fix on your 6210?

/ Starting Problem on 6210 #6  
Re: Starting Problem on 6210, now my 6310

All it takes is a pin hole in the rubber fuel line to allow it to loose prime and make it hard to start

/ Starting Problem on 6210 #7  
I have 6615 and had this same problem. I replaced braided fuel lines from primary filter to tank and it fixed the problem. I had no visible fuel leaks. No bubbles, once I replaced, I have not had the problem again. Also, my problem only showed up after tractor sat over night. If I got it running and shut off and restarted. I had no problem. Good luck!