John Deere 3020 injectors

/ John Deere 3020 injectors #1  

Toucan1007

I have a John Deere 3020, not sure of the year. It has AKS-40s-5 Fuel injectors in it. I can't seem to find where to buy them. Local JD dealer says they are not available. Any ideas?
Toucan

/ John Deere 3020 injectors #2  
Find a reputable diesel system repair shop in your area. They can either rebuild your injectors, or sell you replacements.

/ John Deere 3020 injectors
Find a reputable diesel system repair shop in your area. They can either rebuild your injectors, or sell you replacements.

I took the injectors to a well known Diesel Co. that rebuilds or replaces injectors and pumps and they said the tips are no longer available. Then I went to the local JD dealer
who said they were no longer available to them either. So I thought maybe someone on this list might know where I could get them.
Toucan

/ John Deere 3020 injectors #5  
Old or new style 3020( hydraulic remote controls on side or on dash)?

Last edited:
Birddog, there is no ID number plate on this John Deere as it's been removed, so I don't know if it is the new or old style.
The rear remote control lever is on the dash (left side) The hydraulic lever is on the right side of the seat.

You must have the AMERICAN BOSCH injectors. Tips are still available for Robert Bosch & SCINTILLA injectors from JD. R34575 TIP, SPRAY ADD 243.85 USD or R36710 TIP, SPRAY ADD 175.81 USD

You could try this place USDiesel / US Diesel -- Fuel injection replacement parts, tools, and equipment (800) 328-0037
TX Jim:
I contacted USDiesel and they said for me to get the tip number and they would see if they could come up with a tip that would work. I am presently planting and as soon as I get finished (this week) then I will take an injector out and see if I can find a number.
Are the R34575 and R36710 parts a JD number? When I went to JD dealer, they couldn't find any injector or parts listed nor any 'cross reference' numbers. If these numbers are JD numbers, then possibly my local JD dealer isn't up to date on replacement parts.

/ John Deere 3020 injectors #9  
Yes the numbers are JD part numbers. What is the engine cylinder head or possibly block casting numbers??