JD 2440 Lower Rock Shaft Bushings (HEAD ACHE).

/ JD 2440 Lower Rock Shaft Bushings (HEAD ACHE). #41  
image 2.jpegimage 3.jpegimage 4.jpeg

/ JD 2440 Lower Rock Shaft Bushings (HEAD ACHE). #42  

Congratulations,see I didn't know what I was going to do if the new teflon seal and the rubber o-ring didn't stop the leak on mine.Well,I was going to bring in a ringer,my dad,if the new seals didn't stop mine from leaking.Before retiring,Dad was head of maintenance at a local factory that made shipping styrofoam for Panasonic,Hitachi and a few others.He spent many overtime hours changing out molds that used steam to expand little styrofoam beads to make shipping boxes and what not.Anyway,congratulations again on a job well done.I'm going to make copies of your pics and put them in my shop manual for future reference if need be.

/ JD 2440 Lower Rock Shaft Bushings (HEAD ACHE). #43  
Have at it and feel free to write back if you do need to kick out the old bushings in the future..........A Lesson well learned , and now I will get on to the next project....Ian.

/ JD 2440 Lower Rock Shaft Bushings (HEAD ACHE). #44  
I''m glad you successfully removed the bushings. On reassembly be sure to shim out the side ways motion of the load control shaft when reattaching draft links.

/ JD 2440 Lower Rock Shaft Bushings (HEAD ACHE). #45  
That is one thing I will definitley do, as I dont want to re-do this again, and it makes total sense in saving the new bushings for a very long time......Thanks again for your input and advice......