JD 1050

/ JD 1050 #1  

ull3030

Tractor
John Deere 1050
a4f7c8b3.jpg1980 JD 1050 2WD, AG tires. Looking for a box blade and I am not sure if it would handle a 6' box blade. I am looking at the Howse brand and also the Tractor Supply line. Will be mainly used to level dirt and gravel driveways from time to time.

/ JD 1050 #2  
6' should be fine depending on how many "gators" are laying the driveway.

/ JD 1050
6' should be fine depending on how many "gators" are laying the driveway.

Hopefully no Gators in the way, hahaha. We were told by the previous owner that a 6' Bush Hog was too much for the 1050 and they suggested a 5' Bush Hog and 5' Box Blade.

/ JD 1050 #4  
The width of the box blade depends on how you are going to be using it. For heavy work such as excavating, heavy grading and moving large amounts of soil the 5' unit would work better. For light work like grading the driveway, small leveling projects, etc a 6' would probably be ok. You just don't have the weight or traction to pull a 6' in a heavy cut with the rippers down. I agree on the 5' bush hog as well.

/ JD 1050
Thanks for the replies. They also have a 4' BB for sale (used) for a good price. The tractor tires would be quite a bit wider then the BB so not sure if that would be worth it.